Chapter 1

This is my first short story. I will really love it if you read it and comment.

 CHAPTER ONE:

  It was a cold, snowy day in Maplewood, MN. I was walking through the woods, as I have done since I was about 7 years-old, going to my best friend's house on the other side of town. Now almost 17 years old, I still walk the same path to her house.

All of a sudden this big honey-brown wolf with big grey eyes, leaps at me and tackles me down on the snow, while nuzzling at me neck. 

                      "GABRIEL! GET OFF OF ME!" I yelled, laughing while saying it. The wolf backed away and lied next to me on the snow. His grey-eyes full of joy and happiness. 

  The wolf, whose name was Gabriel, was just a little pup when i first found him years ago. He was shivering and almost dying. I took him to my best friend's house, Alexia, who help me take care of him. As the years pass, Gabe got muscular and good-looking, I always came to see him running around the woods trying to catch a squirrel. Gabriel is now 17 and he's my mate. My other half. Which was rare from a werewolf and a human to be soul mates. 

Gabriel switch back to his human form. He was naked and I went to get his clothes, which he felt hidden in a willow tree. He changed and greeted me with a soft kiss on my cheek.

                "Going to Alexia's again?" He said, while putting an arm around my shoulders. 

We walked to Alexia's house together, laughing and joking around. That's why I love him. He has a sense of humor that most guys don't anymore. He's funny, kind, and he's never the one to push for something he wants. 

                "I always come to her house...But today's just different." I told him.

He looked at me with a weird look on his face. I wouldn't tell him that my parents were planning on moving us all the way to New York just to keep me away from him. It will get him upset, and he would probably marched to my house demanding answers. 

Alexia was on her porch, reading a book. She didn't look up when we said hi, just waved us away. Alexia has been my best friend since we were little, she's the only one who knows about Gabriel being a wolf. Of course she's a wolf herself. And she's the only one who knows we're mates. She's like my sister, i tell her everything. She lets me sleep over when I get into arguments with my parents. She's funny, outgoing, and she will tell the truth no matter how painfully it might be. 

             "There's breaskfast on the table, if you guys want to eat" She said getting up from the chair and motioning us to come in. Alexia is only a few months older than me and she treats me like her little sister. Sometimes even as her daughter and lectures me like a mom. I don't complain though. 

Her house is cozy and small. She's been on her own since her parents died 2 years ago. It's a one stoy house with a small kitchen and living room, it has two bedrooms and a bathroom. It's walls are painted a minty green and her furniture is dismatch. There is a cream-colored couch and a armchair that's red. 

                  "I'm not that hungry..." I told her taking a seat next to Gabriel, who had already gotten his plate full of food. 

                  "Another fight?" Alexia asked, looking at me

                   "Much worse than a fight....Can we go to your room?" I asked, taking her arm before she would replied, and leading her toward her room.

                     "What is it, Abby?" she asked, concered

                     "My parents want to move to New York just because they want to keep me away from Gabriel..." I said sitting on her bed,"They want to take me away from him, Alex"

                      "They can't! THEY WON'T!" She exclaims, "I won't let them. "

                      "I dont think there's a thing we can do. I'm not 18 yet." 

                      "We'll figure a way out" she said, "Have you told Gabriel yet?" 

She didn't need an answer, just by looking at my worried face told her the answer. She went to get Gabriel, who came a few seconds later. Alexia began to tell him what was going on. He didn't wait for her to finish, because he already had a solution.

                    "Run away with me" He said taking me by the hands, "Run away with me, we can go somewhere where they won't find us" He said touching my cheek.

I looked at him for the longest time, it seem hours. "Where will we go?" I asked

                   "I don't care where we go. Just knowing I'm with you, will be enough" He said kissing me on the lips.

  I didn't have to think about it, I knew the answer and so did they. "Okay, midnight. I'll go home, pack some stuff and meet you here at midnight" 

                   "Daniel and I will go with you" Alexia said. Daniel is her mate. "I'll tell him when he gets home."

                   "It's set. We'll leave today at midnight, prita" Gabriel said using his nickname for me, which means 'love'. 

                                                                                           ***

                  "Where have you been?" My father demands as i walk through the front door, "We have being worried sicked about you!" 

I just kept on walking, heading towards the stairs. It's not worth fighting over a stupid little thing. I learned that if i didn't say anything he would leave me alone. But today was a whole different matter. He followed me up the stairs, demanding answers. I decided not to go to my room because I wouldn't have time to pack  with him there. Instead I headed to the bathroom.

                "Um, a little privacy, don't ya think?" I said, as i closed the bathroom door. 

I looked in the mirror, washed my face, and just stood there, hearing my parents talking about what they were going to do with me. I was the younest child of two kids. My older sister was away in college, she was tall, tan,  black/redish hair and her brown eyes. She looked kind of like my mother, with her big brown eyes and high cheeck bones. I was different. I didn't have brown eyes or cheeck bones or a perfectly tanned skin. I had voilet-blue eyes and my light-brown  hair that was curly. Unlike my sister straight long hair. 

I must've stood in the bathroom for hours because my father was pounding on the door. 

              "What?!'' I said, as i open the door. "Can't a girl have some privacy in this damned house?" 

             "Don't you use that tone with me, young lady!" My father replied, "Where were you this afternoon?"

              "I went to Alexia's house" i said, matter of factaly.

              "You were with the boy, weren't you?" he said angry, "That Gabriel kid?" 

              "You can't prove anything", i shot back as my mother came into the hall.

              '"What is this with all the yelling?" she said looking at me, as if i were the one who started it.

              "Don't look at me! Dad started asking questions, as If i were a little kid" I told her, going to my room

              "Because you act like one!" My father said

              "I wouldn't have to act like one, if you guys didn't treat me like one" I told him, closing my bedroom door and took out my backpack to pack later that night.