Three: Yes, I Have Blown Up City Hall Before

Comincia dall'inizio

Chad's also an athlete like Dad (I'm almost to his level but I'm not quite there yet), a Rank-7F in Magic-Defense, and he was the biggest playboy in the whole family. Though, the title is now Dylan's because Chad, for once, has a steady girlfriend. What crazy girl is willing to stay with him? Why, it's Susan, June's older sister. I know, but considering that she is June's sis, it isn't surprising. If anyone could keep Chad faithful, it's her.

Chad is Adam's partner for sinister and devious plotting. Together, they can make the most colorful death and torture threats and other things that fall into those categories. It seems that the whole family can, it's just that those two choose to embrace the ability wholeheartedly. In my opinion, their partnership is the worst thing since clowns and snakes came into existence.

Onto the last family member, Dylan. He has red hair, but it's more to the brown side (which always makes me wonder where my blond hair comes from) and blue eyes like Dad. Dylan's six years older than me, and he's Cole's (Roxie's older brother; they've been best friends ever since they supervised Roxie and I back in elementary school) official I.A. partner. They occasionally get missions that have them going somewhere in the world or to other states.

Dylan's a glacias, meaning he's got a cooler body temperature than most. It basically means that he's always hugging someone with the excuse that he feels cold and wants to share body heat (he's just addicted to cuddling but I don't complain because cuddling is a better vice than other things). Like Chad, Sovereign Ice blessed Dylan when he was born. He's the most like Dad by looks, but he's like Mom in every other way. Dylan only loses his cool when it's about family, especially Chad and I, his two younger brothers whom he mothers over constantly... You know, I don't think that Mom ever really left us. No, not left. Mom never left us; she was taken, but I can never bring myself to say it because otherwise... Sometimes, it just seems like Dylan is always in her place... Well, it's official: Freud would love me. I am a walking-talking mess of confused priorities.

Well, other than that, Dylan's a Rank-9D in Magic Defense. That's good, better than Chad's and my rank. However, this brings me onto the next point of my weird older brother. Despite having such a high rank in Magic Defense, Evan tells me that he somehow he ends up either being in serious distress (kidnapped, almost tortured, multiple near-deaths, etc.) in one out of five missions. Now, you remember when I told you that Dylan now has the reputation for being the biggest playboy in the family? All of the people that Dylan ends up hooking up with are either the crim (criminal) or the crim's girl or guy, and are always messed up in the head somehow. I'm seriously worried that one of his hookups are going to kill him one day. Though, Cole is there to watch after him, so I try not to worry too much.

Alright, since we've gone through all of the family members I live with, we should get back with the real story.

Chad finally calls when we reach the underground parking lot.

"What do you want, kid?"

"You're never going to guess what just happened." I say, trying to keep from sounding too glum since one of the only good things that could come out of being an Ace is making Chad proud of me. Though, I know he would rather admit that he used to be Captain Gummy Bear―the leader and savior of all the abandoned gummy bears out there in our cruel world―than straight out say he's proud of me. Chad has, as I like to call them, "pride problems".

"Just tell me; I don't have much time otherwise Miller's gonna have my head. Betsy was giving me a look too. I never liked that damn lemur, I mean who thought it was a good idea to even let him teach with a friggin' lemur sitting on his shoulder..." Chad starts muttering.

"I'm on Squad 10-54 with Adam, Derek, and June. Maybe you can tell me who the hell thought this was a good idea?" I hiss before forcibly calming myself down. I take a breath before sipping my coffee.