“So you found out that Harry was my boyfriend you figured you’d be a total dick and try and kiss me? You are sick.” 

“He deserves it. He doesn’t deserve you, Ava.” 

“No.” Her words dripping with venom. “You do not get to say that. You are just as bad as her. Get out of this apartment right now.” 

Mack stood there for a moment just looking at her. She felt belittled and taken for granted. Never, not once, did she think that something like this would happen to her. But of course - nothing in her life could go well. From her father to now this. She wanted to cry but not with him standing in front of her with that disgusting smirk smeared on his lips. 

“You wanted to kiss me back. You’re just as much of a cheater.”

“I am not.” She whispered. “I did not cheat.”

“But you almost did. I know you were about to kiss me back.” That smirk not once leaving his lips. 

“Leave.” Ava opened the front door, swinging it wide open and stepping to the side. Her eyes narrowing as she looked him back in the eye. 

“I’m sure I will be seeing you around, Ava.” With the last nerve that he had inside of him, he leaned closer to her and left a chaste kiss to her cheek. 

After Mack had left, Ava shut the door as quick as she could making sure to lock it. Her body began to break. She felt her body begin to sink down to the ground. Every nerve ending inside of her becoming numb. With each passing moment, the tears began to flood down her cheeks burning at its wake. 

Her knees were pulled to her chest. The guilt that had been eating up at her over the course of two weeks finally consumed her alive. She cried. Her tears poured. 

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. 

A incessant buzzing sound came from her bedroom and rang throughout her small apartment. Ava’s body ached against the hard floor of her living room. She had cried herself to sleep last night. As she laid against the floor, she hoped and prayed that the buzzing would stop. She knew that it could only be one person. Harry. 

Her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach at the thought of his name. Betrayal is a bitch, that pesky voice that lingered in the back of her mind taunted. I didn’t cheat! Ava screamed back. He kissed me. 

After a minute, the buzzing stopped. A sigh of relief escaped her lips. She slowly stood up. Every muscle aching as she moved slowly across her living room and towards her bathroom. 

The reflection of the girl that stood in front of her looked like a fragment of who she used to be. The girl in front of her looked broken, angry, and reeked with shame. Her once bright eyes were now lifeless; they were rimmed red and swollen. Her cheeks were stained with mascara. Black lines ran down her cheeks. Her hair was matted against her head in a complete mess. 

“What have I done?” Her voice was hoarse, a complete result of hours of crying. 

She stripped herself from last nights regrets, and stepped inside her shower. The hot water burned as it dripped down her body. Every regret that she felt from last night, every guilt that she harbored had been washed away. She scrubbed her skin raw, hoping that his scent would leave. 

Once she was done, she slowly stepped outside and entered her steamy bathroom. The  fluffy towel wrapped around her wrinkled frame. 

As she entered her room, the familiar buzz from her phone began to ring throughout her room. She knew she had to answer it. As much as she wanted to avoid him, she could’t do it.