Chapter 6: The Quidditch Game

"I'm not hungry." I moaned, slapping Hermione's hand away. She frowned, the boys gasping, and put the waffle back onto my plate. "That's not like you though. You always eat." protested Ron. I scowled at him and said, "I know that." He shrugged and went back to his own food, ignoring our conversation. I was about to bite Hermione's finger, which was trying to pry my mouth open, when I heard someone clear their throat. Turning around on the bench, I faced the person in front of me, who was in fact Snape.

"Good Luck today, Nixie. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a Troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you...even if it's against Slytherin." sneered Snape. I looked blankly at him and was touched to see a look of worry in his eyes. "Why Thank you Sir." I said, giving him a fake smile. He looked at me for a few more seconds, before leaving us to talk again. He was limping...why?

"That explains the blood..." whispered Harry. I looked at him with puzzlement and shook my head, dismissing the confusing thoughts in my head. "Blood?" asked Hermione. "Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the Troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three-headed dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping." explained Harry, giving me an apologetic look. I listened intently, interested in what Harry had to say.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" asked Hermione. Me and Ron shrugged. "The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts' bussiness, very secret." said Harry. "So you're saying..." "That that is what the dog is guarding. Gosh people, keep up!" I sighed, already bored. Before any of us could say anything else, an owl came screeching down. It was a black colour with golden flecks. "It's beautiful!" whispered a girl close to us. Whoever's owl this is, is lucky. It's wings glimmered in the sunlight, twinkling a little everytime it moved it's wings.

I was just about to bite into my bacon, when it was snatched out of my hands. "Hey!" I yelled, looking up. The owl, which held my precious bacon, hooted and dropped the Parcel. I caught it just in time, else it would have spilled my Hot Chocolate. Flying down onto my shoulder, the owl nipped at my ear. "Hello there..." I murmured. The owl looked at the Parcel and then at me, telling me to open it. I was just about to rip the brown paper off, when the owl nipped my ear again, harder than before.

"OW!" I said, giving it the death glare. Open it you Idiot! said an amused voice in my mind. Urm...Hello? Hello child. Okay....what the hell is going on? Am I going mad? Oh no, Mum will send me to a hospital, where they would do tests on me. Calm down child and open the letter. All will be revealed then.

Snatching the letter, I ripped it open and unfolded the piece of rectangle parchment. It read:

To Nixie

I thought It'd be best to get you a Broomstick, since you ddn't have one yet. If we want Gryffindor to win, we have to have a good seeker, which we already have. A good seeker also needs a good Broomsticks and I'm sorry to say, but the school ones are rubbish.

I bet you are also wondering about the owl that delivered your Broomstick and letter. He is called Galen and is your new owl. I hope you like him because you aren't getting another one.

Good Luck and I love you

Mum

"Mail is a little early today, isn't it?" asked Hermione, looking at my Mail. "It's not any mail. It's a broomstick!" exclaimed Ron, staring wide eyed at my parcel. I grinned and held my fingers up. Ron and Harry got ready, just like me, and waited for the signal. "3,2,1 GO!" I yelled, ripping at the parcel with the boys. Once we finished ripping the paper off, we backed away and looked at it with awe. "It's a Nimbus 2000! It's supposed to be the best broomstick around." said Ron excitedly. I jumped with excitement and stroked my new broom, admiring it.