Chapter 5: Returning from the Infirmary

Nixie's POV

"Urghhhhh...." I groaned, trying to open my heavy eyelids. They felt like they were glued shut. There was a ringing in my ears which soon disappeared, much to my relief. Once my hearing was back to normal, I could hear loud talking and even some shouting. "I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT YOU LIKE THAT!" shouted a very exasperated Ron. "Yes, well you know I just wanted to help you." said Hermione. I chose this as the time to open my, now less heavier, eyelids. 

I looked around and saw that I was in the Infirmary. What the hell happened? Everything suddenly came back to me. Ron insulting Hermione, me talking to her in the Girl's Bathroom, the Troll attacking us. Were they all okay, or were they in the Infirmary just like me? Groaning, I held my head, hoping it would soothe the headache, which was slowly starting to pulse in my head. "So I'm in the Infirmary and you argue? You know, it's not very nice to wake up to shouting." I said jokingly. They spun around to face me and gasped. "Nixie, you're awake!" shouted Hermione. I chuckled and nodded, slowly sitting up.

I guess I shouldn't have done that as soon as I had moved, a shooting pain went through my body. "Owch!" I whispered. Ron rushed up to me and pushed me down again. "I don't think you should do that." he said. I rolled my eyes and said, "No shit sherlock." I looked to the right and saw both Harry and Hermione standing there, smiling down at me. "So what happened yesterday?" I asked them. They exchanged a confused look and turned to look back at me. "What do you mean, 'yesterday'? You've been asleep for 3 days..." said Harry. I gasped slightly and asked, "Really?" They all nodded and pulled a chair up.

"So what happened 3 days ago?" I asked them again. "How much do you remember?" asked Hermione. I shrugged a little bit, but winced when the pain returned. "I remember everything from Ron mocking you, to me passing out in a puddle of blood." I said. They flinched, as if the memory hurt them, and nodded. "After you passed out, Ron used the spell we learned in Charms class and knocked the Troll out with his club. McGonagall, Snape and Quirrell appeared, along with a few others, and asked us what happened. Hermione got 10 points taken away and both of us got 10 points each. Then you got sent to the Infirmary and 3 days later, here you are." explained Ron. I nodded, taking it all in, and played with my blanket.

Looking up, I saw a pile of sweets and cards standing on a table in front of my bed. "I got gifts?" I asked them. They grinned and nodded, Ron blushing a bright red. "I may have eaten a few of your sweets whilst you were in here." he muttered, blushing at the ground. I giggled and said that it was alright. "I would have done the same with your sweets." I said, which caused him to smirk at me. I was about to ask about School life in the last 3 days, when the doors bangd open. Snape and my mum came rushing in smiling when they saw me awake. Well...mum was smiling, Snape looked like he was grimacing. 

"Nixie, you're awake! I was so worried." said Mum, rushing up to us. The trio looked awkwardly at the floor, not knowing what to do. "I think we'll go now. We'll see you later Nixie. The Twins will want to come too." said Hermione, waving at me. I waved back at them, before facing my mum and the man that was like a father to me. "Hey guys." I greeted them, looking at them with a guilty expression. I knew they were going to tell me off about the Troll. "Don't 'Hey guys' us. You know you are in trouble." said Snape. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "So I'm getting into trouble for...what exactly? Going after Hermione? It's what friends do." I said exasperated. He glared at me, but mum looked at me with a soft expression. 

"I understand you wanted to stop your friend from confronting the Troll by herself, but you got yourself in trouble. Instead of calling a teacher, you followed her yourself. Do you know how foolish that was?" said Snape, getting louder at the end. I glared at him and crossed my arms. "She is my friend! She wasn't trying to confront...actually, nevermind. I am very sorry for worrying you, I won't do it again." I said quickly, thinking that she probably told an excuse. I knew she could be loyal when she thought it was the right time. They both nodded and Snape looked at his watch. "It's nearly time for lessons. We have to go, but Poppy said you can go once she gave you one last potion." said Snape. I grinned, happy about the news, and hugged them both. "Bye." I said. They returned my farewell and left. It seemed really early, so I decided to lie back down and think about random stuff. Hopefully Poppy will wake up soon, because I think I may die of boredom if she doesn't.