His eyes search me out from across the room again. Unlike his empty arm this time last week, a girl clings to the arm that had often been around me. It's not like he realised that either. He didn't know who I've built myself to be here. No one did.

Something sparks in his eyes, almost like he's recognised the one eye I don't put a contact in.

Dark blue strands fall on my face as I turn my head away towards the other waiter beside me and the bartender who was behind me.

"I'm starting to think you have a stalker. He asked for you last night," Miles says as he sorts out a drink for a customer who is the other side of me. However, she hums an agreement as she was working with Miles the night before.

"He looked desperate to know if you were working," Lenore adds as she waits for Miles to finish.

"I never work Thursday," I state.

"We told him that. Didn't seem to believe us."

"He asked for the lady with the straight chrome eyes or something," Miles comments.

I look at Miles in disbelief. "You mean heterochromatic?" I say.

"Yeah, that."

Hal disappears with a roll of his eyes to deliver the order of chips that were placed on the bar for a customer. Lenore laughs as Miles finishes her cocktail.

"It doesn't mean straight. The hetero means different. Heterochromia is saying one of my eyes is green and the other blue," I explain. Miles blushes as he pushes the cocktail to Lenore who is still laughing. "I did Thursday once about three months ago because Trey was short of staff. I'm going on my break. See you guys in a bit." I give my small group of friends a smile and wave before heading towards the staff corridor.

"Fleur," Trey states. I wince before turning around on my heels to see Trey, his husband and one of his Italian friends who works at Blue Haven if the blue back of the waistcoat she wears gives any indication. Her head tilts as her eyes roam my body but she can probably see as well as I can we aren't the same. "Neptune here is going to shadow you this evening. She's assistant manager over at Blue Haven but she forgot about owing me drinks."

"I didn't forget, with everything recently, I've been busy," Neptune protests giving Trey a blank look. One we all give him behind his back most of the time.

My eyes are instantly drawn to the ink she which is covering her forearm capturing my attention because she seems to be more of a cat person. "That's a nice tattoo," I say drawing her attention to me.

 "That's a nice tattoo," I say drawing her attention to me

(this tattoo covers her forearm)

Neptune looks at me with a small smile on her face rather than her blank expression that was directed at Trey. "Thanks," Neptune replies with her voice less abrasive.

"You got any others?" I watch as Neptune grins before showing me her other arm. On there is a wolf paw print with red leaves on the inside. "You into wolves?" I look up at her face to see a fond sparkle in her yellow eyes. They have to be contact lenses like my one green eye is.