"We can explain for you!" Brock said excitedly, smiling at Evan. "All you have to do is answer the questions and say hi."

Although Evan was wary of the idea, he figured he could always jump in halfway through their explanation if need be. He nodded. "Sure."

Brock was about to say something else when Lui walked into the room. Evan smiled at him and waved.

"Hey Lui, long time no see, how's it hanging?" Not even a second after the words left his mouth Evan was pulled into a death grip of a hug, knocking the breath out of him momentarily. "Oh shit!" He exclaimed in surprise.

"Where the fuck have you been?" Lui asked, pulling away and giving Evan a playful glare.

The hybrid ran his hand through his hair, which he was subconsciously realizing that he did quite a lot. "Heaven." He put it simply, knowing that the human would flip out. "Come on, let's go sit down so we can go through all this shit again."

-----

"I have questions. A lot of them." Lui said, looking back and forth between everyone, his eyes resting on Evan. "First of all, are you and Jonathan a thing? Because that's the least confusing thing here surprisingly and I want to know."

Evan laughed, leaning towards the human next to him- Jonathan- and kissing his cheek. "Yeah, we are. So, next question?"

"Can I see your wings?" Evan stood up, turned, and made them appear, drawing attention back to them. Luckily, they had closed the living room curtains.

"Cool." Lui said, running his hand down the feathers, and inspecting as they faded into white at the bottom. "Alright, next question; How did you even get back here? And how did you know where we were?"

The wings disappeared, and Evan sat back down. "It took a lot of planning, but I found a hole in security and got the hell out of dodge. Also, it's Heaven, of I would be able to find you guys. Those fuckers keep track of everything." He tried to keep it simple, not wanting to go into some log winded explanation and Lui seemed satisfied with the answer.

"Alright, I'm done." He said, laying back.

Jonathan spoke up just as Evan was about to make a comment. "Hold on, I got a question."

Evan looked at him skeptically, couldn't he had just asked Evan a question in private?

--

Jonathan could have waited, but with Evan's behavior lately, he knew he wouldn't answer it unless he brought to everyone's attention.

But he'd admit it, asking him now was kind of a dick move.

--

"Why did you hate seeing your parents? Didn't you miss them after they died?" Jonathan was looking straight at Evan, who was already feeling the pressure of having to answer the question.

Everyone looked at him, making their comments. "Yeah, actually, that's a good question." Tyler said, glancing at Craig, who looked at Evan sympathetically.

Again, Evan heard two different voices yelling at him, trying to give him some advice, and he tried to ignore it.

Tell the truth! It'll strengthen your friendship and show how much you trust them! Plus, it'll get some stress off your chest!

Fuck that, beat around the bush, dodge that damn question. You just came back, you can't spill everything just because they want you to, don't let them get to you. Being back doesn't mean you owe them anything.

"Um, they, they were just dicks when they were alive." Evan was looking down, messing with a hole in his jeans, hoping that no one would question him further.

He really hated his inability to say something in between the good and the bad. Going from one extreme to the other was a real pain, he hated it. It fucked him up.

"Not just dicks, major fucking dicks. Trust me, Evan has a very good reason to hate them." Craig piped up, helping Evan out.

There were times when Evan was grateful that Craig knew everything about him, because sometimes it really helped him out. Especially right now, when he was so fucked up that he didn't even know what he was thinking about half the time.

"What? You still hate them? Even after finding out they're angels now?" Jonathan asked, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Evan snapped. "Oh, so would you forgive your parents if they were abusive alcoholics just because they were fucking angels? 'Oh, I totally forgive you for everything because now you're the good guys!' Fuck that, just because someone is an Angel doesn't mean they deserve that title." He stood up in anger, stalking out of the house and down the sidewalk. He needed to cool down, find somewhere to freak out, and calculate how long he could run away from this problem.

---------

The boy was huddled underneath the sink, knowing that his parents were on the verge of passing out, and he was holding his arm against his chest in pain. He really needed some help.

But, he only knew one person who could help him. Craig. And even though he had his number, he was nervous. The boy was his only friend, and he didn't want to mess that up by dragging him into Evan's mess.

But he was so scared and in pain that he was too desperate to care.

Sneaking out of his hiding spot, he crawled over to the phone and dialed Craig's number.

Within a few seconds, he answered. "Hello?"

"Craig? Um, I need your help."

"I'll be right over."