That's when Tina walked in.

"Really? On my own couch?"

Newt's lips left ______'s as he sat up straight and looked at Tina. His face was flushed a deep red, and Tina just sighed. Meanwhile, ______ sat up slowly, not looking over at Tina. "Sorry," Newt mumbled, looking away from her.

Tina just shook her head and looked around the apartment. "Where's Queenie?" she asked after a minute. "We need to get going."

Newt and ______ exchanged glances and ______ was the one who spoke first. "She... left. She said that she wants to be alone, she just couldn't handle going out tonight?"

"Why?" Tina asked, but after thinking about it, her face changed as she answered her own question in her head. "Oh..." she whispered, trailing off. "Well, I guess it's just the three of us then. We should get going."

Just like that, Tina didn't need them to expand on why Queenie wouldn't be able to handle going out tonight. She knew what it was about, and deep inside, she expected it. At least ______ knew about the situation and Newt was around to protect her, but it wasn't the same for Jacob. Tina felt like something such as this would happen.

Walking down the streets, everything seemed still and quiet. The streets in New York were a different place at night. Ever since Apathy Syndrome started getting noticed, people stayed in their homes at night. Although no one knew what was causing it, they did still fear that it would happen to them, a risk no one wanted to take.

They were heading towards a quiet neighborhood next to a little park. The pattern showed that it was going for mostly no-maj filled neighborhoods, and the trend had been heading in this direction. It made sense that it would be here. Everything fit – including the time frame. The sun was beginning to go down, and that's always when the majority of the attacks happened.

Everything was falling into place. They had a plan.

Sadly, they had no idea what to expect. They didn't know what was coming. Newt didn't realize his mistake before it was too late – he didn't realize what Apathy Syndrome really meant until he saw the creatures and realized he made a grave mistake.

They came out of the shadows. They looked like shadows themselves. They appeared out of the tubes and tunnels in and next to the park – Newt even thought he saw one come out of a sewer. It was the atmosphere that made Newt realize he was wrong. Suddenly, it was as if all happiness drained from his body, and the air was cold.

They were dealing with dementors. Something that ______ or any other muggle wouldn't be able to see.

Newt's eyes widened. "We need to get out of here, I was wrong," Newt told them, speaking softly. "Tina, I was wrong, we need to leave now."

Tina looked over at him. "I thought we were supposed to expect one Lethifold, not this many-"

"Those aren't Lethifolds. Those are a fate worse than death. We need to leave before more show up, we can't beat all of them, not this many."

"What are you two talking about?" ______ asked softly. That's when they all turned around, that's what caught their attention: ______'s voice. The voice of a no-maj, a muggle, the ones they have been targeting.

The perfect victim. Someone who couldn't see them.

They all started heading towards them. "Look out!" Tina yelled, and she and Newt drew their wands out. Newt reached out and grabbed ______'s hand, pulling her towards him. She let out a small scream as a flash of light went past her head, hitting a dementor. It was no use, as soon as they hit one, another came towards them.

"There's too many of them," Newt yelled towards Tina. "We need to get out of here!"

Tina tore her attention away from the dementors for a split second, and that's when things went wrong. She looked at Newt, yelling back, "Where do you suggest-"

Suddenly she yelled, and a dementor grabbed her and started dragging her. "Tina!" ______ yelled. Since she couldn't see the dementors, she couldn't see what she was being dragged by, and that was the worst part. It was almost worse not seeing them, there was a fear of the unknown hanging in the air.

Newt looked towards the dementor dragging her away, aiming his wand carefully. As a light shot out of his wand, a thought crossed him: why were they going after Tina? She was a witch, were they simply defending themselves, or were they wrong about the pattern? Was everyone at risk?

Trapped in his thoughts by his questions, his heart dropped when he heard another scream and felt ______ leave his side. Newt looked over to see ______ being dragged by not just one, but two dementors. It wasn't like anything he had ever seen before. Right as he was about to call out for her, something grabbed him and threw him to the ground. Before he knew it, a dementor was floating above him, and Newt knew what was going to come next.

Tina got up, feeling likehell. Her head was spinning, and she didn't have much energy left in her. Something about these creatures were draining her. She looked at what was happening, and a sinking feeling went through her. ______ was being dragged away, being surrounded by what looked like ten dementors. Meanwhile, Newt was being attacked by one too, and it was right over him. She had to do something.

She had to make a decision, and it was breaking her heart. She didn't have much left in her, she knew what she had to choose. She couldn't get that many off of ______ - but she could save Newt. It wasn't too late for him.

Pointing her wand in his direction, her patronus appeared, and the dementor disappeared. She limped towards him, falling on the ground next to him. He was out cold, the dementor had been looming over him and doing something. She hoped it wasn't too late for him, and she looked over at ______.

She couldn't even see her anymore in the black mass of dementors. She was too far gone; it was a battle Tina knew she couldn't fight. Tears gathered in her eyes as she whispered, "I'm so sorry." With a flick of her wand, she apparated somewhere Newt could get care: MACUSA.

It was only then she realized his case was missing, but it was too late. She knew it was risky bringing him there, but she had to. It was the only place she knew they could treat him. They'd put him in a cell, but she didn't care. He needed help. He needed to be saved.

She knew what she did. She didn't know what she was going to do, what she would tell him. It ws too late to save ______, but he wouldn't give up. Not like Tina did. She thought of something. Something horrible, but it needed to happen. If not, Newt would never stop looking for her. He would never give up. He could get himself into trouble and get even worse – he'd get Apathy Syndrome and he'd be gone forever.

He needed to think that ______ was imaginary.