29

One Week Later...

Newt had an entire night planned for their final night in New York City. As soon as ______ woke up in the morning, she was already bombarded by hospitality from Newt. They had been staying in the Goldstein's extra bedroom, but Tina and Queenie were already at work today. Friday, unfortunately, was still a work day for them.

______ woke up to Newt's smiling face super close to hers, surprising her only because he was already dressed for the day and standing up with a tray in his hands. "Good morning, love," he told her, kissing her on the forehead and setting the tray next to the bed. "I made you breakfast."

______ looked to her side and saw the tray was filled with two eggs, a bagel with cream cheese, a glass of water and half a potato, sliced thinly. Newt cooked like this occasionally back home, but usually she was the one who insisted on cooking. She smiled, looking from the tray back to Newt. "Thank you so much, it looks really good. Aren't you having any?"

"Oh, I already ate," he told her, looking from her eyes to her lips. Just a week ago, she looked like she had been through the rounds with life, but you couldn't tell now. Her lips were perfectly moisturized, her face clear of dark circles and her eyes looked refreshed. Even though she just woke up and her hair was a little messy, he thought she looked perfect. Snapping out of his thoughts, he looked back into her eyes. "I'm going to go ahead and feed everyone else," he motioned to his case. "I know it's our last full day here, and I have the day planned, so I'm going to make the most of it."

"Sounds good to me," she told him, reaching for the tray. When she started eating, Newt disappeared into his case, and his nerves filled him.

He wanted to make tonight a very special night, and he was doing everything in his power to make sure it was a perfect day. As he was feeding his beasts, thoughts about how the night would go filled his mind, and he was hoping it would be evening already. He couldn't wait. It took him longer than usual to feed everyone since he was distracted, and by the time he was done, it had been almost two hours later. He climbed out of his case and closed it, hearing the faint sound of a shower going.

While she was in the shower, Newt leaned under the bed and pulled out the box he had hidden underneath it: a new self-ironing dress in her favorite color. It was fitted at the waist and the skirt flowed to the knees like a ball gown, magic keeping its shape intact. It was one of the newer styles, and he knew she'd love it. He was excited to give it to her tonight. He pulled it out just to look at it again before putting it away.

______ entered the room, her hair wet, but fully clothed. She was wearing a casual outfit today, a long black skirt paired with a blouse in her favorite shade. Newt smiled at her. "You look lovely," he told her.

"Wouldn't want to look any less for you," she went up to Newt and wrapped her arm around his. "What's the agenda for today?"

Newt smiled at her, standing a little straighter. "Well, I remember you saying that you wanted to spend some time in the shops around here a while ago, so I thought we'd spend some time on 5th street. Afterwards, Central Park for lunch, and I have some special plans for dinner at around 6. Does that sound good to you?"

______ nodded happily. "Going anywhere with you sounds perfect," she told him, moving her hand down and intertwining it with hers. He couldn't help but just stare at her eyes, they were mesmerizing, and he wished he could just stand there and look at them forever.

Alas, the rest of the day waited for them.

Newt pulled out his pocket watch and took note of the time: 10 o'clock. He planned on about three hours of going along fifth street with ______ before heading to Central Park for lunch. He had already packed something for them this morning while making breakfast, and he had it waiting in his case, out of reach of any hungry beasts.