Stereotypes and cringe

ok i haven't updated this in more than a year so lets go

It is evident that many of the fanfic writers in the hetalia community heavily reference off the show, which isn't always a good thing. Almost everyone in this hell of a fandom is familiar with the overused stereotypes used when portraying the characters. 

examples
Italy - always talking about pasta, "ve", doitsu, etc
Germany - "nien", wurst, ultimate tsundere
Japan - L's are replaced with R's to make sure that readers understand that he indeed has an accent, yaoi, fujoshi
America - hamburgers, hero!!1!!1!, HERO!!!1!111, I'M THE HERO!!!!!1!11!, etc

there are so many more of these for pretty much every character and it gets really annoying when they are all that is present personality-wise. Like, i understand that those stereotypes are funny in the show, but they are so overused that now they are just what older hetalians use to identify the new weebs. 

i must admit, of course, that many (or most) of hetalia fans went through this phase at some point. i'm pretty sure i have fanfictions from fifth grade stowed away somewhere that perfectly display these unoriginal character development points. 

fics that excessively use these are honestly painful to read

different topic but still related somehow

JAPAN'S ACCENT

something that fanfic writers have a hard time understanding it that you shouldn't write accents into text. 
it makes it hard to read and is just generally annoying? it worked for hagrid but it never works for japan. and yes i know that he spoke like that in the eng dub but that was mainly for comedic effect. 

anyone who has studied Japanese for more than ten minutes should know that the "r" sounds are literally half L. They're rolled. It's like Russian r's.
Japanese people do have the "ability" to pronounce L's, it might sound a but more like an R, but it is not solidly an R. 

also, using this accent in text can make some pretty,,, absurd mistakes
e.g. trying to say "whole" or "election" just doesn't end well for anyone

plz don't be racist