Mom looks at me, and I shake my head.

"I still want to wait."

"Okay," Mom says as she walks over to me. "Let's get started then."

Even though this is the second time we've seen the baby, I still can't stop the tears from flowing down my cheeks.

"Look," Peeta tells Wyatt quietly. "There's the baby." Wyatt watches the screen with his wide and curious eyes.

"You sure you don't want to know just yet?" Mom asks me. I nod my head and smile at her.

"I'm sure."

"Alright," Mom says. She walks over to Peeta and whispers in his ear. Peeta smiles widely as tears form in his eyes.

He lets out a sound somewhere between a laugh and a holler before he leans down to kiss my lips.

"Now you have to keep it from me for about three months," I tell Peeta. He laughs at me and nods his head.

"I'll try to."

Wyatt lets out a loud laugh and points to the screen again. He begins to wave at the baby and we all laugh at him.

"Say 'hi baby,'" Peeta says.

"Be-be."

"Yeah," Peeta says softly. Wyatt looks back at me and smiles as he reaches out for me.

"Mama."

"No," I say as I take Wyatt from Peeta. "See that baby?" I ask Wyatt as I point to the image on the screen. "That's my baby."

"Mama."

"I'm that baby's Momma."

Wyatt giggles and snuggles up close to me.

"Alright," Peeta says as he offers me a hand. "As much as I love seeing our little baby, you need your rest."

I laugh at Peeta and roll my eyes. "I'm fine, Peeta." He pulls me up off the bed and onto my feet as Wyatt wraps his little arms tightly around my neck.

"I'm not gonna drop you," I tell Wyatt as I smile at him.

"You need to have another ultrasound done in a couple weeks," Mom says. I turn to give her a worried look.

"Why? Is something wrong?"

"No," Mom says quickly. "It's just safe to check in on the baby more often the farther you get into your pregnancy."

"Oh," I say as I breathe out in relief. I turn to look at Peeta with tears in my eyes, but he doesn't mention them.

"Come on," Peeta says softly as he wraps an arm around my waist.

I look back at Mom before we walk out of the room.

"Thank you."

Mom nods her head, and we leave the room.

"What's wrong?" Peeta asks me once we're out in the hallway.

"You might not be here for the next one," I tell him.

"Katniss, that doesn't matter. I know you want me here just like I want to be here. But that's not what matters. All that matters is that I'm going to be here for all the important moments in this baby's life."

"You promise?"

"I promise. When this is over, we're going to rebuild. We'll make a new life for ourselves without having to worry about Snow."

"Sounds too good to be true or for me to get my hopes up."

"You trust me?"

"Of course," I tell Peeta.

Fighting (Sequel to Fate)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें