Chapter 13

Katniss P.O.V.

"How did it go with the baby last night?" Peeta asks me as I sit down in the chair beside of his hospital bed, which we're hoping he gets to get out of for good today or tomorrow.

"I think he did alright," I say. "But it was definitely different."

"Where is he now?"

"Prim's watching him," I reply. "He didn't exactly want to go to sleep last night, so we both stayed up pretty late keeping each other company. He's sleeping right now to make up for it."

"Which is what you should be doing, Katniss," Peeta tells me. "I know you want to take care of Wyatt, but you have to take care of yourself and our baby too."

"I know," I say. "But I had to come see you for a while. I'll take a nap later."

Peeta nods his head. "Alright."

"Hopefully you'll be there to help me in a couple days." Peeta smiles widely at me.

"Hopefully," he says. "I'm so tired of this hospital."

"Well, I have to say that the rooms we have to stay in aren't much better," I tell him.

We're both quiet for a few minutes before I decide to speak up again.

"So you think we're having a baby girl?" I ask Peeta curiously.

He smiles widely and nods his head at me. "I really do," Peeta says.

"We need to pick out a boy's name just in case," I tell him. Peeta gives me a look.

"We already have a girl's name picked out?"

"Yeah," I say as I nod my head at Peeta. "It was…"

"Don't tell me," Peeta says as he shakes his head quickly. "I want to remember on my own if I can."

"Okay," I say understandingly. "That's fine." The baby kicks really hard, and I flinch a little bit as my hand goes to my stomach. "Settle down in there."

"Is someone restless?" Peeta asks as he lays a hand on my stomach.

I laugh and nod my head at him. "Very much so."

I close my eyes and revel in this familiar feeling. Peeta spreads his hand so it spreads over my big belly, and the baby rewards him with his or her biggest kick yet.

"Ouch. Hey!" I laugh as I open my eyes again to look over at Peeta.

"Sorry," he says. "Did that hurt you any?"

"No," I say as I shake my head a little bit. "It just surprised me."

"But you're okay though?"

"I'm fine, Peeta," I laugh.

Peeta looks at me and takes a deep breath. "You'd better go lay down now, Katniss, because you look really tired."

I roll my eyes. "That's what every wife wants to hear from her husband."

Peeta laughs. "I didn't mean that in a bad way. I'm just making sure that you're taking care of yourself and the baby."

"I am," I say as I push myself up out of the chair. "But I get the hint."

I lean over to give Peeta a kiss, and he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I'll try to come visit you again after I take a nap."

"After you take a nap and after you eat," Peeta tells me.

I laugh and nod my head at him. "Hint taken."