Chapter 6: Dark figure pt. 2

Midnight, Friday night, I was walking around the city.

Fall was close so the air was crisp and the fall leaves crunched underneath my feet as I walked on the sidewalks with leaves dropping off their trees.

I inhaled deeply as a gust of fresh air blew in my direction and smiled to myself.

Downtown Dallas was pretty at night. The skyscrapers glowed with bright lights and the whole city seemed to thrive at this hour.

I breathed in more of the fresh air as I approached an upcoming apartment complex and sighed.

Despite all of my efforts to forget, Chantel's wedding was still on my mind. Heavy.

I walked a couple more blocks past an alley and heard a man's voice. I whipped around quickly to see a huge man and his friends walking slowly toward me.

The man was seriously tatted which only added more fear.

"You look lost. Want some help?" One man asked slyly and the others laughed.

"Now gentlemen, gentlemen. Dont scare this poor girl," the lead man said "besides, everybody knows I get the first everything."

I turned and started sprinting down the street as fast as I could. My legs went up and down as quickly as my heart beat.

I ran and ran and ran toward a upcoming park and practically leaped behind a giant hedge of bushes. Bushes with thorns.

I sucked in all the air I could to keep from screaming out.

Blood trickled down left arm as I tried my best to stop the bleeding with my right hand.

I breathed low and deep with teeth clenched as I caught sight of the men on the other side of the bush, not far away from where I crouched.

I watched as they looked around before continuing to run further down the path. Looking for me.

Catching my breath, I looked at my arm. If I didn't bandage it soon, I would bleed out.

I checked to make sure the coast was clear one more time before rolling down my sleeve and running in the opposite direction.

I was about to run around the corner when I crashed into a hard body. I got dizzy and fell to the ground as the figure looked curiously at me.

"No no no no please dont hurt me." I whispered near tears as his arms reached toward me, grabbing me by my torso.

"Shh, relax, I won't hurt you." He replied before picking me up and helping me stand. This voice sounded familiar. 

"Okay but if I don't run now, those men will try to kill me." I tugged on the stranger's sleeve. 

"Okay," he nodded quickly. "You okay to run? I can see the blood on your arm." He motioned to the arm I was holding, and I nodded. "Okay, let's go." He grabbed my hand, and we started quickly sprinting down the street just as the men saw us.

***
"Ahh" I groaned. "Shhhh, I'm almost done." The figure replied. "Hurry up." I hissed between clenched teeth.

After we had caught our breaths, we stopped at a small motel to bandage my wound.

"There you go. Keep it covered and wash it on the daily basis and it should heal quickly." The figure smiled lightly.

"Thanks. What's your name by the way?" I asked quietly.

"I'm Damien." The figure looked up and took his hoodie off for the first time since the crazy ordeal. He was the new guy in my history class!

I watched as he glanced at me. Yea and you're Crystal right?" He smirked at my shocked expression.

"Yea, I have you in history class." I blushed.

"Oh?" Damien raised an eyebrow. "You have me in history?" He raised both eyebrows now, making me wish the floor would open up and swallow me right then and there.

"I, no, I mean, you have me in history cla..." I trailed off. My mind going blank and my eyes getting big as saucers as I realized what was coming next.

I watched unbelievingly as Damien snorted and begin to laugh super hard.

About five minutes later, he finally calmed down.

"Ight, I'm finished. Let's get you home." He turned to walk out and motioned for me follow as I hopped off the counter using my good arm.

*** After taking me home, Damien and I parted ways and he disappeared into the night.

"He was almost like a ninja." I thought and walked quietly into my house and up the stairs into my bedroom.

Once in my bathroom, I peeled off the bandage and washed the scratch carefully.

I put bacitracin on and bandaged it back up with a fresh bandage.

Feeling the effects of all my efforts to stay alive, I stripped out of my clothes and took a quick shower.

I dressed in basketball shorts, a t- shirt, and put my hair in a messy ponytail, plopping into bed.

The last thing on my mind before I fell asleep, was Damien.