| Indominus Rex x Reader - A Bond |

Requested by xenomorphisis

------------------------

"(Y/N)!" Owen yelled as you stood in the middle of what was left of the resort known as Jurassic World, where imagination came to life. And this time it really did.

In front of you stood the large albino beast that has caused so much pain and misfortune across the island and yet you weren't afraid. Even though you saw blood of so many other dinosaurs and humans dripping from its jaws and its red crimson eyes looked down at you.

"(Y/N) get away from it!" Owen yelled again and you turned your head to look at the man who was your bestest friend and the one that taught you these creatures weren't just animals, that they had a mind and a soul.

No words left your mouth as you looked back up at the creature in front of you knowing that you weren't in danger. Just like how Owen isn't afraid of the four velociraptors that had lost their lives to defeat the creature in front of you.

Because you knew that this creature in front of you cared for you the same the velociraptors care for Owen. And as you stared at the crimson eyes above your small body, you recalled everything that has happened, all the way from the beginning.

-----------------------

You leaned against the cold metal railing above the velociraptor paddock as Owen stood below you inside the enclosure where four velociraptor younglings dashed around.

Few days ago, four velociraptors hatched from their cages of the thin egg shells that surrounded them. You and Owen were sent to inspect the younglings and the instant the four pairs of eyes landed on his, you knew that they imprinted on him.

Now of course the four velociraptors that were soon named Blue, Echo, Delta, and Charlie loved you, but they mostly had their attention to man in dirt covered jeans, shirt, and vest that was their caretaker and mother.

"How come you don't come down there?" Barry asked as the dark skinned man walked towards you. "I know the girls would rather want Owen with them than me." You say truthfully and Barry nodded.

"I thought you had the day off due to us getting a new employee." You said remembering that the spot we had open for a job was taken by a older man that had a 80s hairstyle.

"I do, but I was actually sent to retrieve you." Barry said and you looked at him confused. "Retrieve me for what?" "Clarie told me that there is a new, specimen, and that she needed you to inspect it." He said as you nodded, automatically knowing the red headed female that always just cared about the reviews and rates of the resort and not about the people nor dinosaur's well being.

"Why does she want me to inspect it?" You asked wondering why she didn't ask for Owen to inspect it. "Don't know, something about that Owen isn't the right person to handle it." Barry said and you sighed and nodded.

Barry lead you to one of the vehicles that carried the logo of the resort on both of its doors. You immediately got into the passenger seat while Barry got into the driver's seat. "Did she at least tell you the species of the dinosaur?" You asked knowing that you at least needed to know the species.

"All she told me that it was classified." Barry said as you felt the roar of the engine as he reared the vehicle out of its parking spot and onto the dirt road. "Why would the dinosaur's genes be classified?" You asked him, but he just shrugged as he watched the road in front of the vehicle.

It only took a few minutes to arrive at the laboratory due to Barry taking a shortcut that nobody actually used. You got out of the vehicle, but noticed Barry wasn't getting out. "You coming?" You asked and he shook his head and waved you off. "Clarie said she just wanted you, I'll wait out here."