Chapter 3

*Oscar's POV*
I step into this big hall. It's flooded with people and everyone's talking and laughing and seem to be enjoying themselves. As I walked a few steps into the hall I obviously got a few stares because of who I am. Oscar Bloodrose. Alpha of the strong, brave, invincible Bloodrose pack. I might only be 18 but I am the most feared 18 year old around.

Some of the Alpha's here seemed to have come here with their mates

Some of the Alpha's here seemed to have come here with their mates. *sigh* I've been waiting years to find my mate...

I start walking towards the drinks table and then it hits me. The beautiful smell of flowers in a meadow... 'Mate!!!' My wolf screamed in my ear. How could I have a mate? The girls here are all Luna's... I ignored my thought and put my glass down and started my mission. Find my mate.

*Lyra's POV*
I noticed the smell was getting stronger. In the moment of panic I squeezed through the people and slid through the big set of double doors leading towards the main hall. The second I step out I instantly regretted it... "What are you doing! You should be serving the guests!" The Alpha's (Of the Black Thunder Pack, so this pack I'm in now) voice boomed through the hallway. I froze on the spot as I felt all the colour drain from my face. "Answer me!" He screamed "Umm... I just, I just needed some fresh air" I whimpered slightly. "I don't care! You go and serve you stupid, worthless excuse for a werewolf unless you want an even worse punishment than last night!" I could feel tears surfacing as I remember last night. It was me versus 6 men... I let a tear escape my eyes. "What did I tell you about crying you piece of sh*t!" He said while punching me in the ribs *crack!* I whimper out in pain. "Go and clean up you mutt before anyone sees you!" He said pointing up stairs. I pick myself up and run as fast as I can up the stairs ignoring the pain.

*Oscar's POV*
I'm following that wonderful scent to a set of massive double doors. They're opened a tiny bit so I peek through to see a beautiful girl standing there facing the Alpha of this pack. She's dressed in a maid outfit that seems dirty and ripped in some places. She's got long black hair that seems to be knotty all the way through and that's all I can see. Her hair is covering her face and the dress she's wearing is down to her ankles.

"What are you doing! You should be serving the guests!" The Alpha screamed at her

"Umm... I just, I just needed some fresh air" she said quietly back to him, I'm guessing she smelt me and that's why she left the hall... but why would she run away from her mate?

"I don't care! You go and serve you stupid, worthless excuse for a werewolf unless you want an even worse punishment than last night!" This set me off, what was he doing to her! I felt my fists tighten but I know it wouldn't be good for her if I just barge in there to help.

"What did I tell you about crying you piece of sh*t!" I couldn't bear hearing this. It was taking a lot for me to stop my wolf taking control right now.

'He just punched mate!!!' My wolf growled.

"Go and clean up you mutt before anyone sees you!" He screamed at her. I was just about to bust through the doors as I see her run up the stairs in so much pain, sobbing all the way up. I really wanted to beat the sh*t out of that Alpha for doing that to my mate! How dare he!

I walk into the hall and watch as the Alpha quickly turns his head to me. His eyes full of panic.

"Do you need help Alpha Bloodrose?" He asked, his voice shaking slightly as he spoke to me.

"Oh, I was just looking for the bathroom. Where is it?"

He seemed relived that I wasn't mentioning my mate. 'Grrr...' my wolf was growling just at the thought of the pain she's going through right now. I have to see her and get her out of this hell hole.

The Alpha points towards the end of the hall to where the toilet was. I nodded and went in. I waited until he left to tip toe up the staircase. I followed her beautiful scent up about 5 flights of stairs. This must of been painful as hell for her. I got to the the 6th floor and went to the end of the hallway to the last doorway. I scanned the door seeing holes in it created obviously by big fists, so a man. 'Grrr!' My wolf growled even louder.

I heard crying from the other side... 'Mate'. I press my hands against the door, preparing to enter...

------------------------------------------------------
To be continued...

Thank you so much for reading xx
Elinor xx