It works for the time I get to the main floor and walk to the hall to meet the 'Arrogant Jerk'. It turns out I had picked out the perfect name for this person.

Marcel Wright stands up from the couch he was sitting at once he sees me. Both of my hands fall next to my body, the pain taking over every of my nerve. Why would I agree to meet him again? Just the sight of him would have sufficed to give me a headache. I can't help but to roll my eyes, which hurts me more than anything.

I step closer to him, meeting him halfway, minimising any facial expressions to avoid my headache getting any worse.  I really regret drinking that many beers last night.

He is standing tall in front of me, very well dressed with another polo and marine pants. He still looks classy as hell.  

A quick look down at myself reveals a shitty hungover immature girl.  I am clearly underdressed and not mentally prepared for this.  My outfit reflects exactly how I feel on the inside and now that I know with whom I'm having brunch, I really don't feel like putting on a fight.

"Hung over?"

I frown at him. His tone wasn't judgy or cold, but how would he know?

"Mmhmm..." I murmur, barely having the strength or the nerve to look him in the eyes. "Can we go now?"

He has a small cold smile and guides me out of the hotel to his car parked right up front. He opens my door and closes it very softly. I don't realise right away that his gentleness was actually a nice gesture from him considering my head ache. I also realise that he was being overall not as cold as yesterday towards me. He had talked to me with a small amused tone and I decided to be the cold one responding almost harshly to him to get this meeting over with.

He sits next to me and he doesn't close his door with the same care. It hints me that I ruined the only chance to have him in a 'good mood'.

I try to change my mind, but the only thing that strikes me right away is the smell in the car. It's delicate, but it awakens my senses. I tried to shut them down because of my headache, but it is so smooth and appealing. I am not good at recognising scents, but it smells sweet. It's maybe a little spicy too, but I can only guess that it's his cologne. Whatever it is, it comforts me as I find myself slightly more at ease in his presence.

He ignites the car and slowly drives away through the streets of Hayes to get us I don't know where. I decide to take this time to take in my surroundings. His car is very clean and quite luxurious. I quickly look at the back seat and see loads of books next to a worn out leather satchel.  It must be old.

"You are a curious one, aren't you?" He says and even though it's a question, it's more of a statement.

I stay silent and get my attention on him. I know I shouldn't stare, but like he said, I'm a 'curious one'. His posture is very straight, but I could have guessed that with the stick he has up his arse. He seems very put together and the books on his back seat agrees with my initial thoughts. Is he still at College? How old is he?

"If you are going to stare at me, maybe you would want to let me in on your thoughts." He coldly says, not making eye contact.

I decide to go all in. He wants to know what I've been thinking about, that's what he is going to get.

"OK."  I take a moment to look and analyse his attitude.  "How old are you?"

"Twenty-six."  He responds as quickly as I have asked.

"What are all these books on your back seat?"

"They are for my research."

"So you are still in College?"