Always Outspoken ch.8

EIGHT:

"We have to go to this party! I heard it's gonna be awesome!" Beth exclaimed at lunch.

Yesterday, I asked my parents if I could stay at Beth's house tonight. Surprisingly, they said yes. They said it was a good idea because Elyse has to 'Study for her SAT that she's taking on Saturday, and it'll be quieter with me out of the house.' Okay, so I played music loudly once, maybe twice, but that was when I thought nobody else was home!

Anyway, I'm glad I get to stay at Beth's because it allows me to do things like go to parties. So, I immediately agreed with Beth.

"Yes! Let's go! Tonight will be one of the only nights I can get out of my house!"

"Okay, it's done! Nate, you can drive the guys, and I'll drive us girls, right?" Beth asked him, knowing he'd agree whether she asked or not. Of course, he did.

I casually glanced at Jason, who was smiling his amazing smile at me. I probably looked like an excited idiot, that's why. Jason and I were just friends right now, mainly because I still didn't want Cody to be mad at either of us. And, I also didn't want to ruin mine and Jason's friendship if something went wrong. However, I admitted this to no one. Jason seemed okay with my decision too, which was good.

"You cannot wear that to the party Seraphina!" Beth yelled when I opened my front door.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused, looking down at my outfit. I had a blue sweatshirt, jeans, and my favorite pair of black converse shoes on. "What's wrong with my outfit?"

"What Beth meant was that it's not something you wear to a party," Tonya said, half-glaring at Beth for being rude.

"Oh. Well I didn't bring anything for a party then."

Beth shook her head as she and Tonya searched through more clothes in Beth's closet. She threw several choices at me, none of which I would wear. I never imagine Beth to be the kind of girl to wear such short dresses to a party, but I guess everyone has another side to them, right?

I finally found a dress that came just above the knees. Figuring that was the longest, cute dress in Beth's closet, I tried it on. The dress fit me perfectly; it was a 'bubble' kind of style in a dark red color (my favorite). It seemed a little low-cut for my taste, but I put on a black cropped sweater.

"Perfect!" Tonya exclaimed.

"Yeah! Gosh, it fits you better than me. Do me a favor and keep it after the party, okay?" Beth offered.

"No, I couldn't-"

"Yes you can, and you will," Beth interrupted sternly before turning to walk out the door.

"Thanks you guys."

The drive to the house took about twenty minutes. Now, don't ask me where this party was, because I have absolutely no idea. All I know is that Beth knew where she was going, so that was good enough for me.

"Hey," I said once I found Jason sitting on a tan couch.

He looked up at me and quickly glanced at me outfit. I knew I shouldn't have worn a dress. I wasn't the dress type of girl; I'm fine with my jeans, band t-shirts, and sweatshirts.

"You look...amazing," he grinned. Okay, so I guess the dress was a good idea.

"Thanks," I managed to say.

"Hey Jason! C'mon man, we're gonna play basketball!" Someone shouted. I looked around and finally saw a taller boy, who was clearly already drunk. Go figure.

Jason looked down at me, "Do you want to come?"

"No thanks, I'm going to find Tonya or Beth," I smiled. He nodded before walking off in one direction, while I walked in the other.