Chapter 30: Emotional Guilt

Megamind's POV

I place a warm rag on Emily's forehead. She was in her bed unconscious. I sigh as I couldn't help but feel guilty for not saving her faster. Minion and Roxanne come in.

"How is she?" Minion asked.

"Still unconscious. I don't know why. She winced in pain, I asked her what's wrong, she said she was fine, and she immediately passed out." I explained.

Roxanne walks over to her and looks at her, "Megamind you need to see this."

I walk to her. She slightly lifts Emily's shirt up and dozens of belt burns were seen. I gasp at what I saw. Roxanne then shows me a deep stab wound on Emily's right hip. She also shows me choke marks on her neck, including a rope bruise all the way around her neck that was fresh.

"Oh my god. How did I miss this?" I asked while tears weld up in my eyes.

"She might've been hiding it." Roxanne answered.

"But Emily never hides anything from us." Minion replied.

"Most teens don't like to talk about abusive events. It would take at least 2 weeks for her to heal." Roxanne explained.

"I feel so awful. I'm a terrible father." I said hiding my face in my hands.

Roxanne places her hand on my shoulder. I look up at her.

"None of us knew that this would happen to her. You're a great father, Megamind." She said.

"And I'm a great uncle!" Minion smiled.

Emily groans in pain as she sleeps.

"We need to get medical supplies for her." I said.

"Minion and I will do that. You stay here with Emily." Roxanne replied.

They leave and I sit next to Emily. I hold her hand. I couldn't hold in the guilt anymore.

"I'm so sorry Emily. I never should've given you away; I should've fought to keep you in my arms. But now you're suffering pain that I caused. I should've barged in and saved you. There are so many things I should've done to keep you safe in my arms."

Roxanne and Minion come in and start wrapping her wounds. Tears roll down my cheeks.

"We'll fix you. And we'll be one big happy family again."

A/N: heyooooo! I'm not dead! I've been SUUUUUPPPPER busy with school. #Gotttalovebeingajunior. And I've been roasting a sophomore in my math class like crazy! My brother and I are working on a rap that I could roast him more with. We roast each other all the time. Anyway. . .leave comments and vote!