Chapter 27: Leaving the old life behind

Emily's POV

My parents stuff my things in the trunk of their car. I still don't trust them. They may be my real parents, but they were never there for me. Megamind was.

"Alright we're ready." My "mom" announced.

I give them a glare and walk to Uncle Minion. He picks me up and hugs me.

"We'll miss you, Emmy." He whispered.

He put me down as I wipe my tears away. Megamind walks to me. We both have tears in our eyes. I hug him super tight and sob over his shoulder. He hugs me tight as well.

"I don't wanna leave you Daddy." I cried.

"I know sweetie. I don't want you to leave either." He said.

"Who's gonna kiss me goodnight? Who's gonna have adventures with me?"

"Your real dad will do all of that. My time with you is over. Just remember, you are the best miracle that ever came into my life. I'll always be with you, right here." He softly smiled pointing to my heart.

I cry and hug him again. I'll miss his hugs. They're always so soft and comforting.

"Come on Emily let's go!" My "dad" yelled.

My "mom" grabs my hand and pulls me from Megamind's grip. She makes me ley go of his hand.

"No. . .Megamind!" I cried reaching to him.

My "mom" shoves me in the car and I turn back with my hands on the back windshield. My dad drives away. As Megamind and Minion became farther and farther away, I saw Megaind hide his face in his hands. As if he was sobbing. I look down in my lap.

Goodbye old life, hello pain in my ass.