-1

-----------------
"sam."

"colby."

"sam."

"colby."

sam giggled slightly as the brunette boy gave him an irritated pout, trying to take the beanie that sam had plucked off of his head.

"it's horrible, i hate it." colby said, referring to his newly-cut hair.

"i like it, you look like an emo pornstar."

"how do you know what an 'emo pornstar' looks like?"

sam laughed again and finally gave colby the beanie. he watched as colby put the beanie back on, moving his fringe from his eyes. sam watched endearingly, his best friend was truly beautiful, but there was no way he could ever tell him that.

colby gave him a small smile as he noticed sam staring at him, "what?"

sam bit his lip playfully before shaking his head, looking off to the side at a stray sock laying on the middle of the floor, "nothin'."

"we're home!" the two heard from downstairs. they could hear aaron and corey, who had just went on a run, racing each other up the stairs.

"hello, boys." aaron grinned, obviously proud he had won the small race up the stairs.

colby waved and walked out of the room towards corey, probably about to ask him if he wanted to play some video games.

aaron looked towards sam with a knowing look, "did you tell him?"

sam glanced at aaron with a vacant look, "what?"

"did you, you know... tell him.?"

sam's eyes widened, "w-what? of course not! you know i can't."

aaron shook his head, "he's not going to be single forever, you know."

sam looked down at his feet, a sad expression painted on his usually happy face, "yeah, but... he's..."

"i know, aaron smiled sadly, "it'll turn out fine."

"sam! they brought pizza!" sam heard colby's voice from downstairs and a fond smile replaced his saddened features and he looked towards aaron.

"yeah, it will."

-

"colby, for the last time, you've already skipped out on movie night 3 times." sam laughed to himself as he heard elton scold colby. they each had strikes on how many times they could miss "family movie night" and whilst colby was on his now 4th one, this was barely sam's first.

sam yawned, looking at the time. it was 11pm already, and he had just finished editing his newest video, so he turned his computer off along with the light, sliding into his bed.

about 2 hours into his sleep, sam heard a knock at the door and he jumped slightly. he looked at the clock and read 1:14, confused, he got up and walked over to his door, opening it.

sam furrowed his eyebrows as he saw colby standing there, his eyes droopy and a small smile played on his lips.

"colby?" sam asked.

"hi," colby began, "this is gonna sound stupid but after we watched that scary movie, they decided to freak me out and so now i don't really wanna be in the dark alone until i forget about it."

sam let out a small laugh, shaking his head as he stepped to the side, opening the door wider for the brunette.

"thanks, dude." colby said and slid into the other side of sam's bed. the blonde boy closed his door quietly and padded over towards colby, sliding under the covers and making sure that the two were a safe distance apart.

sam was still awake when he heard colby's breaths become uneven and he sighed.

the boy he was in love with was right next to him, and he had never felt so far away.

--
hello! i hope you've enjoyed so far, i swear the chapters aren't always gonna be this short ;-;

this will be my first solby fanfiction! i really hope you like it.

now, i ship solby but i also respect sam's relationship, so in no way will i degrade katrina or act like she is less than human, i love her as much as i love all of them.

also, a lot of things in this story may not be accurate, but it is called "fanFICTION" for a reason (:

once again, hope you enjoy!!

MOOD: FALLINGFORYOU by THE 1975