five ࿈

"Smokepaw, why don't you go get something from the fresh-kill pile?"

"I'd rather not," she grumbled. Leopardnose sighed. The uniquely spotted tom had been working with her on recovery, as rehabilitation was his specialty. Or at least that's what Sandleaf said. I think she just didn't want to do it herself.

"You need to eat at some point. You must be starving; you haven't eaten since you puked everywhere yesterday morning." Smokepaw cringed at the mention of the event.

"I'm fine," she growled, pulling her tail close. The last thing I want is to leave the medicine den. The medicine den is safe. Her stomach growled, but she ducked her head. Morning light seeped in through the willow's leaves, gently casting a glow on the healing cats. The day was sticky warm, Smokepaw could taste the humidity on the air, thick and uncomfortable. A mild breeze drifted, but did nothing to properly cool her down.

"Why don't you get something for Collieheart then? I'm sure he'd appreciate a bluegill to wake up to." Smokepaw glared up at the paw-print-like spotted medicine cat.

     "He can get it himself when he wakes up then." Leopardnose closed his yellow eyes, taking a deep breath.

     "Alright. Smokepaw, you have to start moving around. You need to start getting back to mobility, and the only way to do that is to be mobile."

      "I look like I a fluff-brain when I walk. My body won't move like I want it too, I keep losing balance."

      "The only way to get back to how you were is to walk. You have to regain the sense. Now, go grab something to eat. I know you're starving. Go eat." Smokepaw narrowed her eyes in annoyance, then pushed herself to her paws. She saw the light cross Leopardnose's eyes, and she gave a sigh. "Do you need some help? If you want, it might be easier if you want me to walk with you."

      "No. I'm not a kit." The apprentice growled, taking a few testing steps. Leopardnose watched with a piercing gaze, eyes following every slight movement she made. She took a deep breath, and then pushed on, forcing through every step. She let out a gasp as she nearly fell, but rocked herself back onto a solid stance, and stepped out of the safety of the weeping willow's leaves. The center of camp was mostly quiet; many warriors had left for morning fishing and hunting. The fresh-kill pile was, thankfully, not too far from the willow. Unfortunately, the apprentice den was also right next to the great tree, and all too familiar cats were laying outside of it.

      "Hello, Smokepaw," Rosepaw called. The calico lay alongside Kalepaw and Eelpaw, all sharing a trout. Smokepaw grimaced, and kept walking. Instantly, Kalepaw picked up on the oddity.