Chapter 5

A/N: HELLO BEAUTIFUL READERS!!!! I am so sorry that it took me so so long to update!!! >.< life's been busy and a struggle. To compensate I have written an almost 1500 word chapter here for you! Hope you like it and Thank you so much for reading!

Until next time!

Enjoy~
——————
Reader's POV

"Akashi..." I mumble under my breath as pain shot through my body. "Akashi!" I say with more urgency.

"Yes?" Akashi asks as he walks into the kitchen. Upon seeing me bent over the kitchen counter for support, he comes rushing to my side.

"The baby is coming..." I barely say.

"O-Okay. I'll help you to a chair and then I'll go get the car ready!" he gently helps me to a chair and promptly leaves once I'm seated.

Oddly enough, this behavior has become more normal than I would have ever imagined. Like he does the laundry and makes me breakfast in bed a few times. (Now the breakfast in bed was the most shocking for me), and just the other night he asked what I wanted to name the baby. He didn't insist that we name him something of his choosing, but had actually asked me.

What's his deal?

"Okay, I'm back. Let's get you to the car." Akashi says, bending down to wrap his arms around my waste to help me up. After I was standing he didn't let go, but continued to support me all the way to the car. I think he went a little for when he even helped me buckle.

"Are you feeling okay?" he questions, worry clearly in his voice, as he looks at me from the driver's seat.

"I'm about to have a baby, how do you think I feel?" I snap, leaning me head back on the headrest as I tried desperately to ignore the pain.

"Sorry I asked!" Akashi exclaimed. I somewhat felt bad, but with everything going on, I just wanted to get this over with.

We arrive at the hospital in record time, prompting me to never ask Akashi how fast he really was going.

"We need a doctor! My wife's about to have a baby!" Akashi urgently states as we enter the building.

The receptionist quickly gets up and approaches us. "Okay, I'll direct her where to go." she says giving Akashi a reassuring smile. He nods at her and switches places with her as she directs me to the room.

The receptionist rushes me to a delivery room where I quickly sit down on the chair provided. Soon after the doctor comes in.

"How are you feeling Akashi-san?" he politely asks.

"Like I'm about to have a baby, how else am I suppose to feel?" I snap.

"As expected." he chuckles. "did you want your husband here with you or no?"

My first thought was no, but then I didn't think that would be fair with it being his son too.

"If he wants to be here with me." I nonchalantly state as I concentrate on my breathing.

One of the nurses quickly left to get him, while the doctor prepared me for the delivery.

"(Y/N)?" Akashi rushes to my side and takes my hand. "Are you feeling okay?" worry on his face than ever before.

"Can you and everyone else stop asking me that? I'm about to have a baby okay?! Of course I don't feel okay! I'm in pain!"

The doctor chuckles. "You found a feisty wife there, Seijuro."

Akashi looks at him slightly surprised. "Shintaro?"

"Ready to be a father, Seijuro?"

"I don't think anyone is ever ready to be a father until the times comes, but I am willing to try." he says glancing down at me with an expression I couldn't pinpoint the meaning.