I kept my cool and smiled. “Na, I’m serious. If you take a look at all of the women that I ever dated, you’d see a wide variety in them all. I don’t stick to one archetype of woman. I just look at a genuine heart and a woman who seems attractive to me on the outside.” I stated.

“Well, Imma have to take a look at a few of your ex’s then.” She answered with a light laugh.

“Yea, yea, yea.” I said as Jenny came back with our drinks.

“Here you go ladies!” She said sweetly.

“Thank you.” I replied with a smile.

“Hey Jenny, before you go I have a question.” Jazz asked.

“Yea sure what’s up?” Jenny replied.

“Do you think it’s possible for someone to NOT have a type?” Jazz asked, referring to the conversation we began having.

“Yea it’s possible. Like me for example; I don’t really have a type. I like all types. I don’t care, as long as you’re cute, I can like you. And that’s all.” Jenny explained before walking away to help another customer.

“See I told you!” I interjected, my point just proven by a second opinion.

“Ok, ok, I guess YALL don’t have a type, but I do. There just has to be certain traits in a woman that I have to have. “ Jazz said.

“So what exactly IS your type then?” I asked, curious as to what she would say.

“I dunno… I like a woman who’s confident, honest, truthful, loyal….” Jazz started.

I cut her off, “But see that’s what most people want. You’re not really stating a type. You’re just stating qualities.”

“Well yea, I guess.” Jazz replied taking a sip of her drink. “Oh wow… this is not strong at all.”

I took a sip of mine shortly after. “I mean it’s fine to me. It’s just a long island.”

“Yea but I can’t even taste the alcohol.” Jazz said putting her drink down. “Jenny! Come here sweetheart.” Jazz called, waving our Puerto Rican beauty over.

Jenny finished serving her customer and came over to us, “Yes honey?”

“This drink tastes watered down, like no alcohol at all.” Jazz complained sweetly.

“Well, that’s the amount of alcohol that’s supposed to come in a long island. I could make it a double if you want, it’ll just cost more.” Jenny acknowledged.

“Okay, yea do that, because I can’t taste anything.” Jazz said, sliding her glass back toward Jenny.

“You want a double too?” Jenny asked me?

“Na, I’m good. Mine is fine.” I replied.

As Jenny walked away, I turned to Jazz. “Damn Alchy! Need a stronger drink huh?”

She laughed, “Na I just don’t like weak drinks.”

“Then you probably should be taking shots.” I laughed.

“Oh hell yea! Wanna do some shots? Hey Jenny!!” Jazz jumped at the chance to take shots. Before I could think, Jenny was over, waiting patiently for the next request.

“Yes, honey?” Jenny asked.

“We wanna take shots…. Um..” Jazz started pointing at me, “What you want? Vodka? Tequila? First one’s on me.”

“Oh, sure, since it’s on you… Tequila!” I answered excitedly.

“Two shots of tequila….” Jazz ordered.

“What kind, honey? Jose? 1800? Patron?” Jenny asked.

“1800 sounds good.” Jazz answered.

“Coming right up.” Jenny said before walking away.

------------------------------------

A few shots, a few drinks, and a big bowl of nachos later, Jazz and I were laughing and joking like we had known each other forever. The vibes were perfect. We were silly, sarcastic, and intellectual, even while drunk. But Jazz had something extra that I didn’t. She had a more outgoing personality. She brought random people around the bar into our conversation, got them to move closer and join in, got everyone talking and in the end, we made a few new bar friends who ended up paying for the rest of our drinks. She initiated the conversation and I joined in. I laughed more, I smiled, I joked; I made new friends without the awkward social pressure that I normally felt. I didn’t know if it was the drinks or Jazz, but I loved this feeling. Hours later, Jenny called “Last Call” and we were on out last drink. The people we were chatting with dwindled down the conversations and said their goodbyes as Jazz and I finished our last drinks.

“So do you work tomorrow?” I asked her.

“Nope! Do you?” Jazz asked me.

“Not at all. What are you doing after this?” I couldn’t help but stare at her lips. The alcohol was definitely beginning to take over.

“Nothing. I was just going to go home and crash I guess. Nothing better to do with myself.” Jazz told me, sipping her last drops of long island.

“Well you wanna come crash at my place for a lil bit? I mean, I live closer, I have some liquor in the fridge. We don’t have to stop drinkin or end the night just because they’re closing.” I hopefullysuggested.

“Yea……” Jazz answered. “I’d like that.” She said as a smile crept across her face.

The tab was paid by the random people we met at the bar so once we finished up our drinks, we headed to our cars. As we walked through the parking lot, Jazz walked extra close to me as she laughed and talked about something I wasn’t really paying attention to. Just the brush of her skin against mine and the feel of closeness sent a chill throughout my body that I couldn’t contain. It was almost as if she wanted to grab my hand, or even wrap her arm around me. I wouldn’t have minded either way though. I just wanted her to touch me again. I wanted to feel her near me. I wanted that spark to run through me again. It was almost like a drug; the feeling she gave me the closer she got. The wind blew and a waft of Jazz’ lovely scent filled my nose, getting me excited instantly. I was definitely developing some kind of feelings for this woman, and I didn’t know how to stop them. At this point, I don’t think I cared. I was just going to let these feelings flow and see what came of it.

I got to my car, “Follow me.” I told her.