Playing With Fire

Here is a fanfic I wrote inspired from the song, "Playing With Fire" by Blackpink.
The lyrics are italicized. I put the song at the top of this chapter if anybody wants to listen to it, to go with the story.
The song is about young love, and a girl being worried that the love will end with her getting hurt. However, as the song goes on, she learns to enjoy the love, and that she can't avoid her true feelings. I thought this song would fit well with Gabelena, because Elena is independent and self sufficient. And because of that, I imagine her initially trying to deny her feelings for Gabe, but in the end, she realizes that she can't deny her true feelings.
I hope you guys like it!

Elena's POV

My mom told me every day
To always be careful of guys
Because love is like playing with fire
I'll get hurt

I remember when I was young, my mom would prepare me for when I become queen of Avalor.
"Elena, sweetie, you are going to be such a great leader one day." She told me. "You are such a beautiful, smart, and independent young girl. Always stay that way. When you become queen, you don't need to find your king right away. Make sure when you do find your king, that he loves you for who you are. You deserve somebody like that."
Now that I am older I understand what she meant.
I don't want to be one of those princesses who marries their "love at first sight". My responsibilities as ruler are too important to me.
However, I've been noticing that whenever I'm around Gabe, I find myself second guessing these thoughts.

My mom might be right
Because when I see you, my heart gets hot
Because your charm is greater than my fear

I don't know what it is. But whenever I'm around Gabe, I don't feel like myself. My heart  starts beating faster, and I feel all flustered. For all my life, I have never felt this way around anybody before.
I keep thinking back to what my mom told me when I was little. I can't let my feeling get in the way of being ruler. But when Gabe comes back again, my feelings return. I can't help but wonder, is this what love feels like?

I can't stop this trembling
On and on and on
I wanna throw my all into your world
Look at me look at me now
You are burning me up like this
I can't turn it off

"Elena!" I heard somebody shout. I would recognize that voice anywhere.
"Hi Gabe." I turned around and smiled. I could feel my heart speed up even though I tried to control it.
"How has your day been going?" He asked and smiled warmly.
I felt my face heating up. "It's going pretty well. I've just been pretty busy since there's been a lot of meetings for me to go to." I said trying to sound calm. "How about you?"
"I've been pretty good. But there's something ai need to talk to you about." Gabe said suddenly.
At this moment, I felt my heart racing again, and I could only think of one way to stop it. "Sorry Gabe, I just remembered I have another meeting right now. I have to get going so I'm not late." I lied, before running away, apologizing to Gabe again.
I turned the corner, and peeked my head out. I could see Gabe walking away with a sad look on his face. I instantly regretted running away, but I knew I can not let my feelings for Gabe distract me.

Our love that's like playing with fire
My love is on fire
Now burn baby burn
Playing with fire
My love is on fire
So don't play with me boy
Playing with fire

As much as I regretted running away from Gabe, I was glad that now at least I have time to decide what to do about my feelings. It takes me a lot to admit, but I think this is love. The same thing my mom warned me about. I am ruler of Avalor, and I need to focus on my land. But at the same time, I care about Gabe, and being around him makes me feel truly happy.
The thoughts echoed around in my head, leaving me feeling more confused than ever before.