Chapter 14 - His Reason

Start from the beginning

I shouldn't have let him go so easily. I should've tried harder to find him when he first left. Now where could he be?

"Let's spilt up so we can cover more ground." Baki commanded.

Once we did, I tried the same thing I did last time, which was going tp the highest peak of the village and listening for sounds. Unfortunately, no luck. Ghosts are harder to hear when they're inside houses and stuff. Gaara was outside last time, so it was easier to hear his ghosts.

Like Baki said before, Gaara's never been to the Leaf Village. He's not very well acquainted with anyone to be visiting someone. He doesn't know any places very well to be going there.

The first place I checked was where the Chuunin Exams were held. It was one of the only places Gaara's been to before. But he wasn't there.

Now I'm starting to get worried. Gaara's mentally unstable at the moment, who knows what he might do!

The next place I went was the hospital. I don't expect Gaara to be here, but I just want to ask if anyone's been checked in recently. This way I'd know if Gaara attacked anyone.

Hopefully not. If he attacked one of the villagers it can jeopardize the mission.

A woman who looked to be in her 50's with brown hair and white tinging her roots stood at the hospital counter. When I came in all my confidence suddenly disappeared for some reason.

"Um......B-Between last night and tonight, has anyone been into this hospital?" I always feel so awkward talking to strangers.

This is one of the worse effects of being antisocial.....you can't talk to anyone!

The woman in front of the desk pushed her glasses farther up her nose. "Well, no patient or visitor!"

Frowning, I asked "What do you mean?"

She sighed loudly. "Apparently someone's snuck in! They were too fast so the surveillance camera couldn't catch their face. But....." her beady eyes narrowed. "We did see that the person had red hair."

Red hair? No, it couldn't be.......

"Excuse me!" I exclaimed, slipping past her into the hospitals corridors.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?!?" She fumed, shaking a fist at me. Her glasses fell off her nose and she suddenly lost all attention towards me, turning it to her glasses.

Why would Gaara be here? Was there someone in the hospital who he wanted to see? Gaara wasn't the type to visit people at hospitals and give flowers.....(lol imagine that!)...so why would he be here?

Argh, theres so many doors and floors here! How will I find him?!? This hospital is huge! It IS one of the only hospitals in Konoha though, so I guess it's understandable.

The ghost listening thing won't work. After all, I AM in a hospital. A whole bunch of people die here every day! There a loads of ghosts! Everywhere I look I see them! And they are so annoyingly loud!

Most of them were white ghosts though, so they weren't screaming or anything. I only heard the ghosts that talked to each other and stuff. Right now, just looking ahead of myself, I saw 10 or 20 of them! When my eyes met theirs they all gasped, hoarding around me.

"You can see me!" An old woman shouted gleefully, getting up in my face. Her wrinkles crinkled along her forehead and under her eyes as she grinned, happy that someone living has finally seen her.

"Please pretty lady, help me." a little boy pleaded, shooting me with his big sad brown eyes. He peeked under his unkept black bangs to stare at me sadly. All of them were dressed in long white hospital gowns.