Chapter 3

*Ansh Pov*

I winced, hearing the sound that reached our ears, but didn't move my hands or my eyes. And she too stared back, but all this came to a halt when I heard my sister's voice.

"Are you okay, Kirthi?" she asked worriedly and I can hear her footsteps reaching the door.

When she tried to move my hand away to answer the question, I didn't let her do that and leaned down to reach my lips to her ear.

"She thought I left, do not let her know I am here." I whispered in an urgent tone to which she stilled but then nodded.

However, her head movement caused my lips to trace her ear, which made both of us jerk apart. She stared at me for a second before saying in a loud voice, "I just saw a cockroach and nothing else."

I glared at her, but she ignored and got a response from my sister back as, "Oh! Make sure you throw it out. They are such disgusting creatures. I hate them so much."

"You are right!" Kirthi said back and I stayed silent until we both heard my sister walking away.

"Cockroach?" I asked and she shrugged before bending to take the plate she dropped.

"Why are you in my room?" she asked staring at me.

"I need to talk to you." I replied, taking a step forward.

"I thought, I am going to live even tomorrow." She mumbled stepping aside.

"It is serious!" I stated to which she frowned before nodding.

"We both can walk out of the house and talk." She offered but I shook my head.

I don't want Anu to know that I am still here when I lied to her leaving, but entering the house without her knowledge.

"Fine! I will just come back." Saying that she left the room without giving me a chance to say anything but made me realize one main thing that she is in her nightdress.

After a few minutes, she returned with a water bottle and locked the door, throwing a look at me while I am sitting on her bed.

"Comfortable?" she asked as I am not just sitting, but practically lying on it.

"Very! Want to join?" I asked, smirking and she shook her head, but just waited not saying a word.

"Do you have a problem with me coming here everyday?" I asked and immediately realized how silly that question sounds.

Of course, she should have a problem with it. Who will not when some person comes to their house every day with whom they don't have any connection?

"Don't you think it is too much to check up on her everyday?" she asked back and I frowned not expecting that direction.

"I need to! I didn't do it before and because of that... all that..." I trailed off brushing away the memories.

"Sorry! I forgot you are a superman who saves your sister by being with her every second." She said nodding.

"Don't try psychology on me! I am not talking about staying away in the normal sense, but a very big sense for my own selfish reasons." I explained, but immediately frowned not understanding why am I even explaining this to her.

"Look, if you have problems, let me know, but don't let my sister feel guilty." I added.

She stared at me for a few seconds in silence before saying, "It just feels amazing just to see a brother caring for his sister. I wish I have a brother or maybe I still can."