Seeking Advice (Harry)

Depuis le début

***

You read the newest rule of Umbridge as High Inquisitor. This one, banned any organisations, and at her words written on paper, you caught sight of Harry pressing his lips together into a thin line. You raised an eyebrow at him, and the boy, sensing your stare, turned to look at you. You gestured to the new rule, and he shook his head before turning to Hermione and Ron, ignoring you. Finding nothing worthy of your time there, you made your way to the place you almost always were, in the library.

You opened the doors and greeted the librarian with a small smile and a nod, and she returned your gesture before turning back to her work. You made your way around the shelves, your feet leading you to the shelves regarding Potions. You took a book randomly, and looked at the cover. The title read 'The Ten most useful Potions and their effects', and gathering that you had not read this book yet, you made your way to the table you usually occupied, in a corner of the library, away from most of the noise so that you could concentrate on your work.

You sat down and placed the book in front of you, before opening it and starting reading.

Chapter 1

Veritaserum

Veritaserum is a particularly useful potion, as it makes the drinker unable of speaking anything but the truth. A particularly tricky potion to make, Veritaserum, or else known, Truth Serum, is something every witch or wizard should have in their homes.
It does not need more than some drops of the potion in one's drink to make them spill all of their secrets, and because of that, making someone drink Veritaserum is illegal. The potion could be used on many occasions, like-

"I thought you wished to ask me something." Harry's voice cut in your reading, and you looked up, only to see the boy sitting opposite you, his hands folded in front of him. His Gryffindor tie was messily tied, and his hair seemed more ruffled than usual, meaning that the boy had run his hands through it, the main reason behind that propably being frustration. His glasses slid down his nose, and he pushed them up as he continued looking at you.

"I have a hunch that this new rule is affecting you." you said as you twirled a strand of hair around your finger. The boy followed the motion before looking back up at you, and biting his bottom lip.

"Of course it is affecting me, Quidditch is, after all, an organisation." he said, and at his words, you raised an eyebrow at him.

"I was not talking about Quidditch, and you know it." you said, straightening up in your seat and letting the strand of hair you were twirling spring free. "I believe that this thing I told you about the other time, this intention of yours to teach some of your friends is affected by Umbridge's rule." you continued, and the boy shifted nervously at your gaze as he looked at anywhere but you. You narrowed your eyes as you looked at him and leaned in closer to his direction. "What kind of organisation are you starting, Harry?" you asked, and the boy looked up at your words.

"I did not tell you anything of something like this. You came to this conclusion while talking to yourself, I gave no answer to your words." he said, and you smiled slightly as you straightened up again.

"You did not need to tell me you agreed for me to know that it was true. You do not seem a very good liar to me." you countered, and the boy let out a sigh as he looked at you.