Chapter 24: Maz's get-together

Chapter 24

Mack pov

I walk up to the door with my hand behind my back holding some roses I bought for Maz. With my free hand I ring the doorbell. The door creaks open and Maz steps out from behind it.

"Hey Mack. Thanks for coming! Liz is the only one here yet, the only one that's has to come is Will. Come inside." she motions to me.

"Thanks. Oh I have something for you." I take the roses from behind my back and hand them to her. Her eyes light up with joy and a big smile appears on her face.

"Thanks so much Mack." She stands on her tiptoes and plants a kiss on my lips. I goofy smile appears on my face that makes her giggle. Maz pulls me into her house where the first thing I see is Liz sprawled on the couch. I chuckle,

"What happened to her?" I say turning around to Maz and pointing my thumb to Liz.

"Oh she helped me clean the entire house and we went food shopping. Fun."

"Speaking of food I left some in the car. Care to join me?" I extend my hand to her and she takes it.

"Of course."

We walk to my car and I unlock it. I pop open the trunk. I'm about to take the food out when Maz stops me.

"Hey Mack, about that night that you called me. Why did you call me and did you mean everything that you said?"

I sigh and rub my forehead. "Maz it's just that I had a nightmare and I thought it was real. I just called you to see if you were okay."

"It's okay Mack. Do you want to talk about it?" , She said sadly. I realize why and quickly answer.

"No not really and by the way, I did mean everything I said."

"Ok that's good." she replied softly looking up at the dark night sky.

"Hey Maz."

"Yes?" I reach over and pull her to me, grabbing her by the waist. I pull her close enough so our foreheads touch.

"I love you."

She closes her eyes and smiles. "I love you too Mack."

With that we start kissing in the moonlight. Deepening the kiss every second that passes. After a while, a car honks and we pull apart. We turn and see Will honking his horn. I start laughing and I turn back to see Maz as red as a tomato. Which is weird since it's dark out. I shake my head and let go of her to get the food that's still in my car.

We all walk back inside the house. Maz throws herself on Liz to wake her up. I use that time to check Maz out. She looks cute wearing short high waisted shorts that show off her perfect sized tan legs with a crop top that is mint blue. The top lifted a little way higher than her belly button, exposing her skinny, sun-kissed stomach. Will hits me with his elbow and mouths 'she fine' doing the okay sign with his fingers. I punch him in the shoulder hard enough to make him wince. Liz wakes up with a groan and pushes Maz off of her then she gets in a seated position. Maz gets off the couch and brushes herself off. She then walks into the kitchen and I follow her like a drooling dog.

"What was that all about?" she asks.

"What was what all about?"

"You punching Will hard in the shoulder." she laughs opening a pack of tortilla chips and a guacamole container.

"Oh that.." I scratch the back of my head.

She chuckles, "It's fine you don't have to tell me." She drops some chips and bends over to pick them up. I bite my knuckle and resist checking her out but I can't stop myself. I eye her from head to toe and then she turns around and shakes her head.