Chapter 10: things couldnt get worse

Chapter 10

Maz pov

I wander off to my locker to meet up with Liz as usual before lunch.

"Hey Maz."

"Hey Liz."

"I told Mack to meet us here before lunch everyday if he wanted."

"That's nice of you Liz, thank you."

She brought her voice down to a whisper, "Plus I think I trust him enough to let him call me Liz." I laugh at this and smile at her.

"Hey Maz." his voice is surprisingly smooth and perfect it makes your ears melt with every word.

"Hi Mack." , I say with a smile.

"Are we still up for today?"

"Going to Chick-fil-a? Of course! Also I sorta left my luggage bag in your car." I look around to see that once again Liz had left us. I sigh and look at him.

"Is everything all right?" He wraps his arms around the small of my back.

"Yes everything is fine I'm just tired from everything that happened yesterday. You have no idea how many times I want to say thank you."

"It was a pleasure helping you.... I have to go to the bathroom, wait for me?"

"Of course." I pull him down for a kiss that last about 6 seconds and I smile. he releases me and makes his was over to the bathroom.

Right when he leaves I spot Laura walking over to me. I hate Laura with a burning passion. She isn't that pretty but isn't ugly. She's just a toy the boys use.

"What do you think you're doing?" she asks.

"Um... I'm standing?"

"Not that, I mean with Mack!"

"I kissed him."

"Why?"

I roll me eyes. "Because he's my boyfriend."

"Since when?"

"Ok since yesterday, and why are you getting in my business all of a sudden."

She shoots me a look with her hazel brown eyes. " Well it happens to be that Mack is one of the only boys I haven't been with and he caught my attention a few days ago. So before I go, you better back off of him."

"Who told you that you could tell me what to do?" I cross my arms over my chest and raise an eyebrow.

"Nobody I just figured you'll be like one of those innocent girls that don't get in my way." she snarls.

"Well I happen not to be one of those girls for your information." , I bark back at her.

"That's it you little biotch." she storms off leaving me just laughing. I close my eyes and wait for Mack.

I open my eyes when I hear someone walking towards me. And it isn't Mack. It's Laura. She's carrying something in here hand I can't make out what it is. Then when she gets closer I realize it's a red plastic cup. She gets closer so I decide to say something.

"What are you-"

She cuts me off my throwing some type of freezing liquid on my face. I gasp and remember I concealed myself with makeup. I quickly cover up my face and stare at her in disbelief and just like that she stares back looking at my face. Her eyes lingering on my bruises I can manage to cover up. Without hesitating she takes out her phone and takes pictures of me. I start running away but she trips me making me to fall on my face and causing my nose to start bleeding again. I start getting up but she pushes me down. Dang this girl is strong. She crouches down next to me and whispers, "You better back off, I warned you."

"Mack would be with you in ten million years." I spit back.

Laura gets and up shaking her head and walks into the cafeteria right when Mack comes out if the bathroom. Perfect timing! I think sarcastically.

"Maz oh my god what happened to you!?"

"Laura happened. Let's just say she has a small crush on you and she got a wee bit jealous when she saw me kissing you." He grabs my hands and helps me up.

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing, it isn't your fault so don't blame yourself."

"Ok, well tell me what happened and let's go get ourselves some lunch."

"What about my face?"

"Elizabeth will take care if that. In the meantime wear my sunglasses."

"Okay thank you and she wants you to start calling her Liz. She says she finally trusts you enough to call her that."

We walk into the cafeteria hand in hand as a tell him the whole story. When we reach our table, Liz , Will, Andrew, and even Ana (surprisingly) look worried. We sit down and I tell the whole story. When I finished Mack started blabbering on and on how he was in the bathroom peeing his whole body dry. I couldn't help but laugh and that's when I met eye contact with Laura for a brief second. I look away to look at Liz so she could conceal my face again. As Liz works her magic on me I look over to see where Laura is and strangely she isn't there. I shrug to myself and take the Mack's sunglasses off my lap to give them to him. I look up to say thank you to Liz and I see that her face is ghostly pale. I turn around to find Laura kissing Mack. I don't think I can even describe it as kissing more like making out. I stay there with my mouth open. Usually a girl would run off and cry but I just sit there. I finally get my senses together and slap Laura hard across the face. So hard that I left my hand imprint on her. She let's out a blood curling scream and stormed off to her table. I scoff, drama queen. Then I realize Mack continued the 'kissing' and didn't stop her. I look at him, get up and leave taking my backpack with me.