Chapter 19: guilty as charged

Chapter 19

Maz pov

Mack, Will, Ana, and Andrew invited me to go to the movies with them after school. I declined because I felt nauseous and guilty. I have never felt this terrible in my life. Liz actually liked him a lot. I should have given Leo a chance, but Leo actually made the first move. Laura looked like she was just talking to him casually and then BAM! Leo just kisses her. Honestly, I didn't expect Leo to cave in that fast.

I get on the bus and make a quick scan to see where Liz is sitting. She sits in our original seats looking out the window with her puffy,red eyes. I sigh and sit down in the sit right behind the bus driver. No one ever sits her so I might as well do. I scoot myself over to the window and stare at the water droplets beginning to hit against the window. I press my cheek against the window and feel it's cool touch.

I make my way out of the bus. I breath in the wet pavement smell for a long time and let it out. Praise The Lord my stop is before Liz's. I walk down the sidewalk when I hear someone's foot steps behind me. I stop and pretend to tie my shoe lace. I look back to see that Liz is standing there. I get up and flinch when a water drop hits my eye. She let's out a chuckle and I roll my eyes and cross my arms. The rain starts to pour down harder.

"What do you want Elizabeth?" , I say.

"Ok first of all don't call me Elizabeth. Call me Liz, Maz.", she responds in a voice loud enough for me to hear over the rain that was now pouring. "Second, I want you to forgive me."

I sigh, "Ok fine I forgive you, and I'm sorry things didn't work out for you and Leo."

She looks shocked that I forgave her so fast. "It's fine I guess. I should have listened to you. He is a man hoe." she shrugs as if it was no big deal. This made me feel better because she doesn't really care, I think.

"Well I'm glad you feel better."

"Actually, I've never felt better. I know how it feels like to be broken hearted."

Now I felt bad. "Well are you sure that you really liked Leo? I mean you only met him for a couple of hours."

"That's true, but I have only been in at least two relationships and they were just jokes in middle school. We are in our second year in high school. I just got my hopes up when I met Leo, I didn't think he was 'the one' but I still wanted to be in a good relationship plus I haven't gotten in a serious relationship, I think that's bad.", she points out.

"That's true Liz, but you might not find 'the one' in high school, there's always college. Also, I know you will find at least one guy out there. Wherever he is he will come, doesn't matter when or where you meet him."

She sighs. "I guess you're right. I should listen to you more often."

"Well I'm not right all the times, you have to make decisions by yourself too."

"I guess so."

"Hey let's go over to my house, it's pouring , I want to warm up and hangout with my best friend."

She nods and catches up with me. I need to tell her the truth, but I don't want to hurt her or I don't want her to hate me. The Guilt is starting to fade but it's only leaving scars that will stay forever.