Letters and Memories

Harry POV

The war has finally ended. While it took a heavy toll on the students of Hogwarts, recovering from the deaths and trauma, I was busier missing my brother. 

—Flashback—

I bolted forward (no pun intended), sweat dripping from my pores and hair clinging to my skin. I always had nightmares. About bullies, monsters, the death of my parents and more importantly, my brother. 

He is the most important thing in the world to me. He supports me, cares for me. I always notice when he sneaks a bit more of the leftover food (our meals) on to my plate instead of his. He is always there. And tonight isn't an exception.

"Hazza," my brother whispers.

"Yeah, Perce?"

"Come here," he says as he opens his arms in invitation, allowing me to snuggle up to him, something I do immediately "are you ok?".

"Yeah," I respond, "can you please sing? Help me get back to sleep?"

"Sure Harbear," he begins to hum and then to sing. Percy has always had a beautiful voice. I like to compare it to a chorus of angels but, truthfully, his voice is the harmony of the universe. The voice of the stars and melody of the constellations. Like the layers of blue and green in the ocean, or in his eyes. A constant swirl of emotions, forever changing and gorgeous. 

As I begin to nod off, I speak again. " Percy? How do you do it? Always being so positive and caring while we are never treated nicely by anyone? How do you always know what I need from you?" I use what we call our twin bond, to speak with him. A connection that allows us to speak in each others mind and know what the other feels.

He responds aloud, "Harry, you're my little brother and I love you more than you could comprehend. You are all I need in life. I don't need a fancy house, or fame, to be popular. I don't even need parents. I just need you. Because I love you Harry. You are my light, I am always positive because I have you. We could have had it worse, no food, or water, or house but if I didn't have you Harry, I don't know what I would do. I stay humble and kind because I know that  not everyone has what we do. Love. Not everyone has that Harry. People deserve to be treated with kindness."

My brother is the purest soul in the world. He can say these things while we are neglected and mistreated by our own family. "How did I get so lucky to have you Percy? Thank you, for always being there. I love you, you're the best brother ever."

"Thanks Harbear,"  he says as he begins to hum again and I succumb to the sweetness of his voice.

—Flashback End—

I love him so much. I wish I had told him more often. I was never quite the same after he was taken. I don't listen to music anymore, because it makes me mourn that times he would sing me to sleep. How much I miss his voice. It was godly, otherworldly. There are no other ways to describe it. I miss snuggling up to his chest and being held in his arms. I have never felt safer than when I was with him. I have never felt more loved and I have never slept better.

I have always had trouble sleeping. It wasn't just when Voldemort was rising, or when my scar hurt. I have always had them, I just got better at hiding it. So much so that nobody notices, not even my best friends. I used to have them about a number of things but my big brother was always there to chase them away. After he left I barely slept at all. I would wake up screaming from a nightmare of Percy being kidnapped and taken away. I would wait for him to start singing and telling me everything was ok. Only to open my eyes and remember that it was not a dream. He really wasn't there. It was the worst pain in the world. To have my twin ripped away from me. I felt the bond snap as he was dragged away. After that I wasn't myself. More like an actor on TV. You can see some of their personality but you don't truly know them. They are just a shell. When I arrived at Hogwarts I began to recover. Smile, even laugh. But watching the Weasley twins always sent a pang through my chest, because I knew we were once like that, we could have been like that. 

I swore to myself that I would search for him. When I finished my schooling and if I survived my fight with Voldemort I would search the globe for my brother. But apparently, I am going to be delayed once again. 

This morning I was in the Weasley household, as I have aquired a small plot of land and built a quaint little cottage for myself and (in hopes that I would find him) my brother, near The Burrow. 

—Flashback—

I have finally finished building my house. I had personally designed all the rooms to my liking. So today I was going to present it to my best friends and give them a tour. 

I had gone over all the basic rooms; the kitchen, living room, dining room, laundry, office, the master bedroom and the guest room. I'm a little nervous about showing them the next two rooms. They are really important to me, and maybe a little wishful but I'll show them anyway.

"Here is the music room," I stated, purposely skipping over the room before, deciding I didn't want to show them. 

"Hey mate, you skipped this room," Ron began as he went to open the door.

As I lunged to stop him Hermione said, "And why do you have a music room? You've never been interested in it before. And it is very well planned and looks expensive. Look at all these instruments and even a recording booth!"

"Wow," Ron exclaimed after he opened the door. I hadn't reached him in time. Hermione turned to see inside. The room was painted blue, with a four poster bed a sea green colour. There were images of the ocean and its creatures on the walls, along with a music note and a kid's drawing. Something Percy and I had drawn as kids that I was able to salvage over the years. There was a desk, mirror and cupboard on one wall with a comfortable beanbag in the corner. It was clear that a lot of thought had gone into the room. 

"Harry, what are these rooms for?" Hermione questioned, shocked at the room. This was Percy's room. He always had a fascination with the ocean. He absolutely loved it when the Dursley's were forced to take us on their weekend vacation to the beach because there was no one to watch us. He loved it, these were also his favourite colours. I could never forget that. 

—Flashback End—

They haven't stopped asking me what those rooms are for. I didn't want to tell them. Percy was my secret. And until I find him again, it will stay that way.

That morning in the Weasley household, an owl arrived. With it were six letters announcing that Ron, Hermione, Ginny, the twins and myself would be going to Hogwarts to complete our final year. (There is no Hinny and Fred is alive, deal with it)

"What! But we finished Hogwarts!" yelled the twins.

"Yes, but you two dropped out before completing your NEWT exams, so all of you will be going back whether you like it or not!" Mrs Weasley stated to her children, leaving no room for discussion.

It appears my search for my brother will be delayed another year. How I miss him. I hope he is ok. I will find him again, for I am Harry Potter. And I will find my brother, Perseus Potter.

Finally done! I am very excited about this chapter and hope you enjoy it. Hopefully they will meet each other in the next chapter. I will be updating in the next few days, hopefully. The term is nearly over so I will be able to update lots in the holidays. And I have reached 1390 words in this chapter! Yay!

Till next time,

MidnightOwl0816