Chapter 4

Toya

It's Christmas and it seems like the damn phone won't stop ringing. Everyone called to say Merry Christmas which I don't have a problem with, but damn they can't wait until I see them? I have a lot of stops to make today so I had to get my day started.

 "Hello," I answered my phone on the first ring. 

"Merry Christmas!"

 "Merry Christmas to you too Chris, what's up?" 

"Where you at?"

 "I'm pulling up to my uncle's restaurant to drop off his Christmas gift."

 "Aight, I'm on my way to the house. I'll meet you there." 

"Sure thing." We're all meeting up at my mom's house for dinner and a gift exchange. It's something we do every year. I parked the car in front of the restaurant, grabbed my uncle's gift and headed inside. He closed the restaurant for the day, but he was doing some kind of work there. When I walked in his office, he had some type of paper in front of him.

 "Hey uncle, Merry Christmas!" I walked over to him and handed him his gift with a hug.

 "Thank you, honey and Merry Christmas to you too!"

 When he opened his gift, he had a big smile on his face. I got him a two-toned White Roman Dial Rolex Watch. It cost me a lot, but it's nothing.

 Knock, knock, 

 "Come in," my uncle said.

 When the door opened, my father walked in. 

"Daddy!" I said jumping up out of my seat to give him a hug. 

"Merry Christmas!" 

"Thank you, daddy, Merry Christmas to you too!" 

"You're welcome." We sat down in the chairs in front of my uncle's desk. 

"Here's your Christmas gift daddy."

 "Thank you, honey, what is it?"

 "Open it." I got my dad a Blue two-tone Submariner Rolex Watch. 

"I love it honey thank you!" He told me before giving me a hug.

 "Now for your gift," he announced.

 "We need to go outside," my uncle said standing up. 

We walked outside to the front of the restaurant. There was a brand new red 2014 Chrysler 300Cs Base RWD in the parking lot with a big red bow on it.

 "Merry Christmas!" My father said handing me the key. 

"Thank you, dad! I love it!" I grabbed the key and gave him a hug while jumping up and down screaming. 

 "The gifts in the back are from me, your brother and sister," my uncle said opening the car door. 

"Thank you!"

 "These are for my sister and my brother," I said as I handed the gifts to my dad from Chris's car. 

"I have to go, to mom's house you know how she is when anyone is late," I said.

 "Who you telling? I'll see you later," he said giving me a kiss on the cheek. 

                                             Chris

 "Where's Toya?" Toya's mom asked when I walked in the house. 

"I don't know mom, she said she was on her way." I've always called her mom since my foster parents never acted like parents. From the first day I met her, she's been a mother to me and Mr. James was always like a father.

 "Chris don't lie to me," she said like I was untruthful.

 "I'm not! She said she was on her way," I answered.

 "What's the problem?" Toyaasked bouncing through the door.

 "Toyawhere have you been? We've been waiting to eat for an hour now," Toya's mom stated. 

"Sorry mom, hi dad Merry Christmas," Toyacleverly escaped her mother's question.

 "Merry Christmas honey! Can we eat now?" Toya's dad asked. 

We walked in the dining room to where all the food was. There was baked macaroni and cheese, fried chicken, rice and peas, vegetables, and stewed chicken and oxtails. I love spending time with the family because we always had something to talk about and there was always lots of food.

 After dinner, we all sat around in the living room ready to open up our gifts. 

"Chris, Toya, Abrima, Josh, Robert, Eion, Keisha, and Nichelle," mom said passing each of us our gift. We all opened our gifts and everyone was very pleased. We got at least ten gifts each. I'm happy with everything I got. Man, you got to love Christmas.

 "Hey, I want to show you something," Toyasaid with a big smile. 

"What?" I asked her wondering what she was up to.

"Come on, it's outside."

 We went outside to and there was a red 2014 Chrysler 300Cs base in the driveway.

 "Whose car is that?" I asked her 

"Mine! It's a Christmas present from my dad! What you think?" She asked waiting for my reaction. 

"I like it! It's you," I told her. 

"I see you finally got it," mom said standing on the porch with everyone else. 

 "You knew about it," Toyaasked mom. 

"Yeah, your dad asked us not to say anything," dad said. 

"Well, thank you both for keeping it a secret. I love it and I was so surprised when he gave it to me." She gave mom and dad a hug. 

"How about you take me for a spin," I asked her. 

"Sure thing, I know you're happy I don't have to use your car anymore," she said being funny. 

"Come on Toyayou know you can use my cars anytime expect for the Volvo," I told her. That car is my baby. 

We got in her car and started driving around. 

"Did King call you?" I asked her.

"Nope, but he sent me a text message saying Merry Christmas like that's supposed to make me feel better," she said sadly.

 "You still haven't told him about the baby have you?" I asked her.

 "Nope, I already told you I'm not going to." 

"Stubborn ass." This girl was the most stubborn person I knew! 

"And you still love me never the less," Toyasmartly replied. 

"You right," I said with a smile. We ended up back at mom's house. It was time for the games.