Chapter 7

A/N: I am SOOO sorry that it's taken me so long to update! I was busy finishing up the semester in school and I also have hit a bit of writers block with my fics and so that has been hindering the process of writing for me. However, I'm hoping to be able to, after this chapter, continue writing regularly! I love reading all of your comments and hearing feedback and I'm so happy with what I've received so far!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Chapter 7:

After that night, I immersed myself in work, as well as organizing the final details for Tom, and possibly Jessica, about Ethan’s art contest. I received a letter in the mail stating that each child is given a set amount of tickets: enough for them, their teacher, and their parents. In the case of divorced parents, there are additional tickets given if each parent wishes to bring their new partner.

Tom hadn’t spoken to Jessica since the day she called so I was unaware as to whether or not she still planned on attending. I worked something out with the company sponsoring the contest and they were happy to oblige to my requests, which made my job a lot easier.

Tom has been working and traveling back and forth from the States to Toronto, back to London, and everywhere else in between working on promoting his projects, attending events and doing interviews, but was due back home any day now, which is when I plan to give him the tickets to give to Jessica.

There has been no mention of the almost-but-not-really-but-kind-of kiss situation that happened at dinner now three weeks ago. I haven’t even mentioned it to Sarah, which I know will result in my funeral. Although relieved of having to talk about it, what almost happened still keeps my mind up all night. The thought of kissing him makes my heart beat faster than what is healthy and I can’t tell if it’s because I want it or if I don’t.

My phone vibrates and interrupts my thoughts. I slip it out of my back pocket and see that it’s a text from Tom.

Just landed! I will be in the taxi and on my way over in just a bit.

xo

I rush to my bedroom and change into something more appropriate than my weekend date-with-Netflix clothing. About an hour later, Tom knocks on my door.

“Welcome home!” I say as I swing open the door and wrap my arms around his neck. He returns with a wonderful hug, holding me tight against his chest and rubbing up and down my back.

“It’s good to be back! I missed London, and Ethan. And you.”

I blush, turning my head away to hide it. “Thank you… I missed you, too.” I brushed my hair out of my eyes and suddenly remember the tickets. “Oh! Here,” I search through my stack of papers on the coffee table to find the tickets, both for him and for Jessica. “These came not too long ago. Two are for you and two are for Jessica.”

“Why two?” he asks, obviously confused by the extra tickets. I try my best to rack my brain for a suitable explanation.

“Because you and Jessica are divorced, the program sends extra tickets just in case either or both of the parents are remarried or seeing someone new.” I say quickly and manage to find my breath afterward.

“Ah, I see,” he clears his throat and looks from me, down to the tickets in his hands, and back to me, meeting my eyes. “I assume you expect me to give these to Jessica?”

“Only if you believe that she might want to come. I’m not going to tell you what I think you should do… this is Ethan’s night.” Tom sighs and pinches between his eyebrows.