24. Under the stars #2

Depuis le début

"Chessy Dixit"

"Love is a chessy phenomenon Dr. Bose can you please tell me now"

"When my hair were flying with the wind ... Bolo yahi soch rahe the na tum ki Pappi Gudiya wali bhoot ki tarah lag rahi hu"

Wow! What a comparison !! When will her choice of films improve???

"Kya soch rahe ho?" She tapped my forehead

"Hai jo iraade bata tu tumko
Sharma hi jaaogi tum
Dhadkane jo suna du tumko
Ghabra hi jaaogi tum"

Seeing her mood change a bit, I pulled her towards myself and twirled her

"Humko aata nahi hai chupana
Ho na hai tujhme Fanaah ..

Chand sifaarish jo karta humari
Deta wo tumko bata
Sharmo haya ke parde gira ke
Karni hai humko khata
Zid hai ab to hai khud ko mitana
Hona hai tujhme fanaah"

With the last lines I pulled her back towards me and she ended up landing so close that our faces were barely a few inches apart. When she looked straight into my eyes I lost count of time and things that were happening around me. For those few minutes all of my attention and existence revolved around this girl in my arms, whom I met on a red light singing to herself in a car. This is what they call destiny I guess.

"Dev.." Her voice broke my reverie and I released her from my grip. With her inching away from me gradually my fear of loosing her grew stronger.

Another flash of lightening and subsequent thunders happened and then the lights went off.

Damn! Saari nautanki aaj hi honi thi kya??

I guess the world wants to conspire against me so that I keep on saying

Dil me mere hai Dard e Dixit
Dard-e-Dixit Dard-e-Dix...

I felt her hands clutching mine tightly.

"Ms. Sonakshi Bose who likes to watch nothing but silly horror films is afraid of the dark ... Waahh!!" I mocked at her ajeeb-o-gareeb harkat.

"Haa.. To mai ... Films ... Light on karke dekhti hu na ..." And thus came the most lame answer expected of watching horror films with lights on "Can ... We pl..eeasse go outside"

I led the way and we were once again outside the house. Sitting in the lawn under the stars... Well not exactly the stars because the clouds had over shadowed them but still we were outside the house in the open

Sona's POV

We were finally outside sitting on a bench in the lawn. Its his parents house. I took a second out earlier while eating to Google about Dev's parents. They died in an accident when he was quite young. I'm glad I didn't scratch his wounds by asking him. Still, I am elated by the fact that out of all the places in the universe he chose to bring me to his parents villa. He is serious about me. Maybe he wanted their blessings for us. I don't need any other assurance now.

"Sab gadbad ho gaya na?" Dev said " I thought we'll have a romantic dinner in the open hearing some good romantic music... I'll show you around the house... But the lights went off ... Sab gadbad ho gaya" Despondence was ruling his tone.