broke (prologue)

**lowercase intended**

as i felt the hot tears creep down my face, i tried valiantly to breathe again. the sobs seemed to silently choke me as i stared at the bright, white moon. if only i could go and be in the stars, join the beautiful moon and her ever happy companions, the stars. but sadly, i’m not a star or even close.

 i’m stuck here on this earth, doomed to live and die a miserable life, spending all of it trying to find peace in this hate riddled world. the tears continued to fall and i continued to spiral deeper into my own depression. as i continued to pilgrim through my drowning misery, i was too wrapped up to hear the door open or the footsteps on the carpeted stars. without me knowing, they came up behind me and rested their head on my shaking shoulder.

‘oh rosie.’ their voice shocked me and started to draw me out of my endless sea of sadness.

‘look how far you’ve fallen love. i’m so sorry i ever had to leave, you deserve so much better.’ as i turned to face them, i slowly shook my head.

‘it’s not your fault that i’m like this, mikey. you didn’t force the words out of their mouths.’ michael looked at me with his captivating green eyes that were slowly with tears to match my own.

‘but i should have been there to protect you from them.’

‘michael, you were off living your dream! you shouldn’t have to worry about me every second of every day. i’m not worth all that trouble.’

‘no, you’re worth so much more.’ he insisted. ‘and that’s why i’m setting you free. go find someone who’s better. who deserves all your love.’

i stared up at him with horror filled eyes, the tear marks still wet on my face.

‘mikey are you?’

‘julia rose glennger, i, michael gordon clifford, am breaking up with you and setting you free.’

**** new michael fanfic, yay! i’ve already got the first two chapters planned so this should be updated again this week

maggie