one

Jimin opened his eyes with a gasp, sitting up from the bed with cold sweat forming at the nape of his neck. He looked around his surroundings anxiously, running his fingers through his hair with a relieved sigh when he realised that he was in his own room. Safe and sound.

"Hey."

He looked at the door, his lips naturally pulling a smile when he faced his best friend of his whole life. Taehyung approached the bed and sat down beside the male, his hand reaching out for the other's instinctively and they quietly interlocked their hands together. Jimin quickly shifted nearer to his best friend's side and leaned his head against the latter's shoulder with a sigh.

"I'm sorry, Tae."

".... You know, when you cried yesterday without saying anything, I felt as if half of my heart was missing. So, don't apologise. Thank you for telling me."

Jimin nodded a little, closing his eyes as he relaxed in the presence of the other male. Taehyung caressed Jimin's hand with his thumb gently, cutting the short silence with a click of his tongue.

"He kept calling just now. Almost blew up your phone with his stupid calls until I answered his latest call. Told him to fuck off and to never see you again because I don't want my soulmate to cry again as if he lost his meaning to live. I can't only watch you cry, it's like telling me that I can't fucking help you, that I'm worthless."

"Tae-"

"-you know that you're worth my heart. You're my best friend, so it hurts as much as it pains you."

Taehyung pulled the other into his lap and held him near, sitting away from the edge of the bed. Jimin gently cupped his best friend's cheeks with his hands, and they both stared into each other's eyes quietly as Taehyung placed his hands on Jimin's waist and caressed it lightly.

Jimin leaned his forehead against the other's, eyes averting down to his lap. "I'm sorry," he apologised again, ignoring the guilty feeling and buried it deep down in his heart.

Taehyung smiled sadly and pulled away from the contact, releasing a deep breath through his nose as he stared at the heartbroken male. "It's not your fault that I want you happy without me, isn't it?"

"I-"

"Listen, please?"

Jimin bit on his bottom lip nervously and reluctantly nodded, putting down his hands on his lap. Only to have Taehyung hold them gently and his thumb carefully caressed every knuckle, making him feel calm yet Jimin really hated the sad expression on his face and wanted to search for the happy grin Taehyung would usually show.

The grin doesn't mean that Taehyung is happy, but it reassured Jimin's heart that there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

"I fell for you, but that doesn't mean I want you to love me back. I may look at you with unspoken feelings but you don't have to look at me back with the same feelings. I don't deserve you, he doesn't. I don't expect anything from you, Jimin-ah. But it's best for you to be happy, without me or not. So stop apologising."

Jimin felt his heart clenched on the guilty feeling painfully, and he swallowed down a choked sob. Crying while talking to Taehyung wouldn't make him feel better, that's what he thought.

"I feel bad because you're here comforting me over a heartbreak but you have had feelings for me for an eternity so I don't know how much it hurts for you to see me with Jungkook and crying over him and you have never complained or took advantage of the situation and I feel so fucking mean-"