...02... Really Dreaming or Dreamy Reality?

Start from the beginning

Just as she thought she could finally catch that long lost sleep, a whiff of undesirable smoke swept her nose. Cringing immediately, she bolted to a sitting position to know where the bloody smell came from. It annoyed her to the moon and back that something as worse as a cigarette disturbed her relaxation process. She recognized the smell very well, for she had been in quite a close contact with for the past few days.

Her boss had smoked cigarettes like he was inhaling oxygen. Former boss, she corrected her thoughts. It had actually triggered a few fire alarms.

The sound of footsteps made her turn her head towards the cause. Slowly and carefully, she crept over to the edge of the roof to see who it could be at this time of the night. From her angle, all she could see was a guy, with a good physique might she add, climbing up the roof of her neighbour's house effortlessly. He was climbing on the pipes, for God's sake! And he did it with such fluent moves, that you might assume him to be a thief. But his clothes proved otherwise. You don't really see thieves steal stuff in the latest collection of U.S Polo t-shirts and Tommy Hilfiger jeans, do you? She could recognize brands from far. She wasn't into fashion for nothing.

And besides, there weren't many thieves in Allestree. It was a joyous and calm neighbourhood with a bunch of lively people all seeming content with their own lives.

She watched as, within seconds, he was on the other roof. He walked over a little to the centre and sat down with one of his hands supporting his well-built body, while his long legs stretched out in front of him giving her a pretty damn sight of his toned calf muscles. His other hand held the same disgusting cigarette which literally sucked out her enchantment. Major turnoff.

He looked a lot like her neighbour she'd seen a few times. Funny how she always thought he was a geek. Repairing electronic stuff for people around the neighbourhood and all.

Her eyes travelled up to his face- lingering a bit by his abs in hopes to burn the fabric so she could get a sight- and she almost swooned out loud. He had this really indescribable rugged look which had her rapt. He was turned towards the landscape, the one she had been observing her a while ago, giving a pretty clear sight of his chiselled jawline, sharp nose and doe-like eyes which were currently looking at the view in disgust. She wondered why.

In between wondering, she never noticed that his eyes weren't on the view anymore. They were set on something closer. Something just a roof away. Or rather, someone.

When she realised his direction of view, a gentle shiver passed through her body. Then she recognized her position. She was on all fours and looking at him quite keenly. Godammit! Her impression must've been that of an obsessive stalker.

Quickly scrambling to sit back in fairly decent position, her eyes averted from him. But his eyes never left her. It held the same cold and disgusted expression like he considered her to be some peculiar insect. That elicited another shiver. A not so gentle one.

Hesitantly, she looked back and accidentally made eye contact. She gulped. The situation couldn't have become more awkward.

Wait. Why the hell is this awkward? It's just two people sitting on the rooftops. Why the hell am I feeling so intimidated?

The sudden burst of confidence made her chirp a 'Hi'. He heard it. She knew. But his reply wasn't spontaneous. Like he wanted to humiliate her a little before responding. That was enough to have her seething.

After a while of uncomfortable silence came a grunt from his way. She scoffed at his demeanour. Getting up, she intentionally coughed and clapped her hands a few times to catch his attention. She wanted him to see her leave because of his meanie-prick attitude.