Prologue

"I want you to get married as soon as possible." Shock enveloped her as she immediately stand up after hearing her Dad stated that sentence.

Her father just arrived at the mansion and immediately ordered her and Alec to meet him in the study room as soon as he came. Senior Alonzo De Hizon was the lord of the house. Whatever he said, it will be like a rule to follow.

"D-Dad!" Fright and different emotions radiated her face.

"What! Is this a some kind of joke, old man!" Alec burst out. It seems he was managing to keep his composure but it was obvious he was being pissed at the moment.

" Did it sounds like one to you, young man? You heard me right, I want you get married as soon as possible. " Her father uttered solemnly. His face was drop dead serious and knowing her Dad, he doesn't know the word joke.

"B-But D-Dad, w-were siblings!" She finally found her voice and courage to object. To her surprise, the old man just laughed sarcastically.

"I told you, you're not my real child. You are only adopted you so you were not blood related." That bitter truth again was slapped in her face. It was so painful hearing that truth coming from the one who thought her family. To know you're not a real part of that family you used to love when all you just wanted all through your life is to belong with them.

" Are you just out of your mind! We're not blood related but you raised us knowing we're siblings! Now you want us to get married?" Alec shouted angrily. She could feel he was gritting his teeth out of uncontrolled anger and his veins and muscles down his neck are now showing.

The old man laugh mockingly aloud as if not even undaunted by Alec's rage.

"You know we had a talk eight years ago that Emerald will be your future wife and now is the time. You'll marry her whether you like it or not." The old man evily stated.

She got stunned on what the old man stated. They had a talk eight years ago about this marriage? So all along Alec knew about their arranged marriage?

"You know I was against it. You can't manipulate us in accordance to your will, old man. We're not your puppets!" Alec stand up in outrage, he was now mad as hell.

" I can and when I said you'll marry Emerald, you'll do as I've said." The old man replied calmly but every word he spoke was like a rule he imposed.

How could her father stay calm and cool in a moment like this while on the other hand, Alec was now raging in fury like a provoked bull. Senior Alonzo has been always like that. He shows no emotion, he shows no pity at all, he's always stiff and cold. He rarely smile and that's just when he was with his business associates. Senior Alonzo De Hizon was hard as a rock.

"And what if I didn't?" Alec's eyes was now shooting daggers to the old man.

" I will disown you. I will destroy everything you have, your businesses, your hotels, your beloved resort? I know how much you love that resort. Everything young man, everything you worked hard for. I'll took everything from you and you know I can do that in just one flick of hand." Senior Alonzo warned dangerously.

"Are you threatening me?" Alec's undauntedly glared.

" I'm not. I'm just telling you what I am capable of doing." With that, Alec grew more angrier.

"You ruthless manipulator old man! I will never let you control our lives! I will never marry Emerald just because you said so!" Alec shouted in fury.

I knew then he was against of it. He loathe me ever since. The idea of marrying me was the worst thing he could ever imagine. That was the typical Señorito Sebastian Alexander De Hizon I knew. He just hates me for unknown reason.