Micaela's Story. 2

"She didn't know, what to throw away and what to keep/ She wrapped the baby up and threw him in a trash heap/ I guess she thought she'd get away, wouldn't hear the cries/ She didn't realize how much the the little baby had her eyes..."

"And what are you doing handsome?" Micaela decided to phone Jamal shortly after putting the twins to bed.

Stacy's paternal six years old daughter and son drove Micaela crazy from the moment she arrived until the moment they finally drifted off to bed. Stacy did allow them to do anything more than sit in front of the television all day so once Micaela popped up they begged her to take them outside.

Even though Stacy lived in the projects and there was a lot of wild activity going on outside of her doors Micaela still agreed to take the twins out for fresh air and to play.

Micaela supervised the twins from the local park's bench and enjoyed the fall breeze. No longer than fifteen minutes of being outside the pair found themselves fist fighting with some local kids over the rusty swing set.  Micaela wasn't in the mood for the drama that was sure to follow the adolescents' fight so she ended the altercation and dragged the twins back inside where they were safe but kid's mayhem didn't end there.

  Bob and Bobbi decided they wanted to ruin  their mother's wall with Crayola color pencils, put on a food fight with the canned ravioli they were supposed to be eating, and some how prank call the police station, twice. Micaela didn't know kids could be this bad until she started looking after her little cousins.

By the time Micaela finished forcing the kids to clean up their mess and disciplining the twins she was exhausted and promised she would never babysit them again. Her mother would just have to find a way to get her an I.D so she could start working at Mr.Changs's like she wanted to.

"I'm just chilling you know, thinking about you and stuff." Jamal huffed into the phone.  He knew he was making Micaela blush. He had a way with words and that's what drew Micaela in. Jamal loved poetry and would often write pieces about Micaela.

"Oh, stop it." She wrapped the phone's pink spiral cord around her index finger.

"You stop it. " Jamal rebutted. "It's Friday night and I wanna see my girl." Jamal would normally hit what ever party that was rocking on a Friday night but since Micaela expressed that she didn't like him going to parties he had stopped attending them.

Micaela grew silent for a bit. She wanted to see Jamal too. "I mean he was looking fly today." She thought to herself biting her lip. "Do you want come ova'?" Her skipped a beat. She had never been alone with Jamal before, well they wouldn't technically be alone since the twins were here but she still would be in the company of Jamal without an adult's supervision which was something new.

"Not if your crazy muva' is at home." He shook his head. When Micaela had first introduced Jamal to her mother. Her mother didn't take a liking to him and Jamal was made aware of that and also how crazy she was so he avoided her as much as he could.

"I'm not at home, I'm at my Ant's house babysitting her bad bahind' kids." She brought her knees to her chest relaxing on the black faux leather couch.

"No parents den'?" Jamal questioned. He wasn't trying to do anything R rated with Micaela he just didn't feel like being interrogated by any of her people.