Chapter One

Hongbin sighed as he walked to school, "They're so active today." He said to himself as he looked around. "Don't act strange or else people will wonder what's wrong with you."

He was the only one who can see "them." Hongbin has always been able to see demons since he was a child.

Hongbin's POV

{10 years ago}

"I'll come back for you, I promise." He said

"When do you plan on coming back?" I asked.

"I'm not sure but please wait for me."

I remember like it was yesterday, it was one of the saddest days of my life. The first ever love of my life was leaving me and I didn't even know why. We were great friends and I thought that he would always be there for me so it was such a shock when he said he'd be leaving. "Please don't ever forget about me," he said as he left. How could I forget you? If anything I wish I could forget you.

Hongbin was just a few feet away from his school when he saw his friend Hyuk standing by the gate. Bin waved at his best friend and smiled. He put his head down as he continued to walk up to the other boy. "Good morning Hyuk, how are you?" he said as he looked up. "Good morning Bin, I'm doing well. Thanks for asking, are you okay?" the younger boy responded.

He nodded as he put on a fake smile, "Yes I'm fine, couldn't be better," He said as he hooked his arm around Hyuk's, "Come on or else we'll be late for class." Hongbin tugged on Hyuk's arm lightly as a hint for them to move and so they did. Hyuk smiled and began to walk with his best friend until Hongbin tripped and brought Hyuk down with him.

Hongbin grabbed his ankle as soon as he hit the floor. "Fuck!" he screamed out in pain. Hyuk scooted over to where he was and put pressure on Bin's ankle, "are you okay? let's get you to the nurse." He began to panic because he wasn't sure of how to help. Hyuk got up and stretched out his arms to help Bin up but he pushed him away, "I'm good. I can walk myself," he said as he tried to get up but fell back to the ground just as fast.

"Those little fuckers," he whispered to himself as he saw the little demons laughing at what had just happened. Hyuk shook his head and bent down to help his friend off the ground. It may not look like it but Hyuk was really strong. Hongbin still refused his help as he tried to get up but it was no use.

Hyuk shook his head and kneeled down as he wrapped Hongbin's arm around his shoulder. "Stop fighting my help, it's okay binnie. Let's go," he said feeling frustrated.

Hongbin apologized as they entered the school building. They turned the corner to go to the nurse's office, "Excuse me Miss" Hyuk began, "my friend here tripped and hurt his ankle really bad" He explained as he sat Hongbin down.

"Already?" The lady behind the counter joked as she got up from her chair and walked over to him. Hongbin was too ashamed to look up at her so he stayed looking at the floor. She was used to seeing him since he hurt himself often. Well not on purpose of course. Hyuk took a seat next to him and waited to see what the lady was going to do for his friend. He rested his hand on Hongbin's knee for comfort hoping to make his friend cheer up.

"You should go to class, you don't want to be late" the lady said to Hyuk as she began helping Hongbin. Hyuk shook his head, "I don't want to leave my best friend by himself so if he stays then so am I plus we have the same class so if he needs help getting there then I'm here." Hongbin looked at his best friend and smiled, "Hyuk she's right. You should go to class" he said feeling bad. "I knocked you down and then I'm the reason you miss class." He looked at the floor once more.

Hyuk rolled his eyes, "It was an accident okay, quit blaming yourself. I'm more worried about you than I am about today's lesson."

The nurse looked at the two boys and nodded, "Your ankle seems to be sprained. I can wrap it but it's nothing serious, you'll just be in pain for a few days" She said as she began wrapping his ankle. Hongbin sighed, "what a great day to start off the day" he thought to himself.

The lady finally finished wrapping his ankle and slowly put his foot back on the ground, "I suggest you stay here for the day or you can go home if you'd like, you really shouldn't be walking." Hyuk felt bad for his friend, "We can go to my house Binnie! I'll walk you home later!" He said excitedly.

"I don't want you to miss school" he said to the younger boy, "I'll find a way home." He said as he tried standing up. Hyuk rolled his eyes, "we are going to my house." He said as he lowered himself in front of Hongbin, "climb on my back."

Hongbin blushed slightly, "Hyuk please just let me-" the other boy grabbed Hongbin's arms and wrapped them around him neck, "hold on" he said as he grabbed his legs and wrapped them around his waist making sure he wasn't hurting his friend's injured ankle. Hongbin sighed because there was no use in arguing, he thanked the nurse before they left.