Chapter 7: The Land Of Peace

"Life Is A Fairy Tale"

Chapter 7: The Land Of Peace.

Chris stretched his arms as he inhaled the fresh sea breeze of the morning, he was in his room's balcony, sitting in a wheelchair. He was badly wounded but thankfully, he was able to return alive, unlike his friend Troy. They were ambushed upon returning to Zen from their trip to the Acresia and even though they were escorted by three Imperial teams, casualties were unavoidable. Funny, he never thought he'd be able to call the death of a friend as a mere casualty.

He sighed as he closed his eyes, he had a big plaster on his left cheek and his entire forehead was covered in bandages. He broke a pair of ribs which explains why his entire torso was wrapped up as well. As for why he needed a wheelchair, his right ankle got dislocated but it wasn't as serious as his other injuries. He looked so pathetic, his father didn't allow him to work, who could possibly work in that condition? Granted, he was a prince but still, he was his son. What he felt wasn't so different either, he felt pathetic, he couldn't even save his friend and a few other men. The feeling was nostalgic, like he went back to war.

"Master Chris? What are you doing out of bed?" A voice out of nowhere interrupted his thoughts.

"Relax, Brent. I just wanted to get some fresh air." Chris opened his eyes and turned to the blonde young boy who was now standing beside him. Brent Gisborne, thirteen years old and one of the Royal Knights, he was also with the prince in his trip to the Acresia. Chris felt glad, at least his youngest soldier wasn't hurt. "Hey, Brent. How's Chelle?"

Brent eyes slightly widened as he resigned and looked down, he didn’t expect him to bring this up. Chelle was Troy's girlfriend and for her to witness his death was just so tragic. "We forced her to take a leave."

"I see. Did she say anything?" Chris looked at Brent and when he saw the boy shook his head, he didn't say anything more. "I hope Callie gets a better welcoming committee."

Brent glanced at him and sighed, then looked beyond the balcony to the direction of the sea and noticed the nine people walking around over there. They made up the three teams that were Chris's escorts/bodyguards when he visited the Acresia and they'll be staying here for a while until after the summit. Lowell, Maddie, Salem, Oliver, Andrei, Clyde, Shawn, Errol and Alice. They seemed like ordinary people once you take away the military uniforms, no hints of the things they've been through.

"They look like children from here." Chris commented noticing where his gaze is at.

"Yeah, but do you think they had something to do with the ambush?" Brent couldn't remove that factor, noone can and that's simply because they're dealing with Republicans.

"It wasn't them." Chris firmly answered, he will not doubt the people who fought for his survival.

"How could you be so sure?" Brent turned to him once again. "For all we know they're only acting and are planning to kill us all."

"Can you say the same for Serah?" Chris retorted, not bothering to look back at the blonde.

For a moment Brent couldn't answer, he pressed his lips tightly together and then made up his mind. "Of course not."

Chris merely nodded. "Good."

There were a lot of awkward moments with Chris, he always mixes folly with wisdom and oftentimes the people around him aren't sure if he really is wise or just toying with their thinking. Other times noone can tell if he's gone insane or was just stupid from the start. "About Serah, how have you been?"