Healing Her Wounds

He cupped her face in his palm, she opened her eyes“How long you gonna run from the reality Pragya?” he asked

“How long you gonna run from the reality Pragya?” he asked

She looked at him helplessly “I couldn’t run out from myself and your thoughts, Abhi” she said realizing the fact of their relationship. He hugged her before he could see her tears which he hates and she reciprocated the hug tightly as she don’t want to leave the life out from her hands.

“Why Pragya? When you can’t run out from yourself then why are you not accepting it?” Abhi asked in tears hugging her.

He didn’t hear any of her reply instead he heard her weeping. She was hugging him like clung over him.

Abhi’s POV

I feel myself crushing in her hug, the hug and her loud sobs says that how much she was struggling with her feelings for me and her own mind battle

After few moments, she broke the hug. She looked very pale and again I saw her broken infront of me. First time I saw her because of my brother, now it is because of me.

“Pragya stop struggling alone! Open up and say what you feel. I'm there for you” I said cupping her face. I felt like I am holding the most precious thing in the world

“I fear Abhi” she replied choking between her tears.

“What for Pragya?”

“I don’t know to say it Abhi, but I fear. I fear to give a chance to my life” she replied wiping her tears and she was shivering.

“Why you don’t want to give a chance to your life? Why you don’t want it to be with me?” I asked restlessly

“I don’t have belief Abhi! I don’t want to be broken again!” she said which confused me.

“I won’t let you broke again Pragya! Believe me” I assured her, while my tears kissed my lips.

“Do you think I don’t believe you? If I didn’t trust you, do you think I would have come to Australia, all long alone?” she questioned me which confused me to the core.

“Then?”

“From the things I experienced, I don’t believe in my fate Abhi!
Whenever I feel that life was giving me happiness, the next second it will snatch my hope to live.
Whenever I trust anyone, then I will break into pieces because of their betrayal!
Whenever I give myself a chance to be strong, I fell weak and lose the chance!
I couldn’t see me being lifeless losing the hope to live,
I don’t want to be broken again because of betrayal,
I don’t want to fall weak infront of anyone!
Because if this time I broke, then I won’t be there to collect the broken pieces” she cried in my arms.

I understand now what she was struggling.
She hoped for happiness with Karan but it was snatched out of her.
She believed Karan that he would give a try for their marriage life, but she got betrayed on her back.
She gave a chance to live her life without him, but still the society people mocking her and accusing with me.