Broken In His Arms

Abhi’s POV

It was three day passed, after the day out with my PB. I still remember my daring act of kissing her in cheeks. She hesitantly backed off immediately after that, I don’t know what to do so I reached back to my seat.

A few moments of awkward silence prevailed and to break that I talked with her.

“I'm sorry PB; I didn’t mean it in any wrong intention. It was just…” I couldn’t come up with a reason.
She hesitantly nodded and turned to the window side and buckled the seat belt.

That one gesture of her reminded me that ‘Stay away’ from her. I started back to home.

After that we didn’t talk much. Whenever we meet in dining table for breakfast or lunch or dinner we would talk, but formally. The spark in our relationship has been shook due to my one act.

The next day I went to office to meet Purab, my schoolmate and college-mate. He was my friend but not much close for few years as I was staying in Australia. We have been in touch with texting and voice calls rarely video calls. Most of our talks would be professionally and less personally.

I met him at office and seek a favor from him personally. He was Karan bhai’s personal assistant alike so I asked him about the trips Karan bhai goes to abroad for meeting and official reasons.

Purab said me that Bhai went to abroad trips often saying that a meeting with new client. I got the trip details where I could see that Bhai had went to London often.
Later Purab gave me Bhai’s account statement, there was an amount regularly transferred to an account which was highly accessed in London.

I asked Purab to help me with this complication, he readily agreed as he can do anything for Pragya Bhabhi. When we checked with the bank details, the result shook my world to the core.

For the past six months Bhai had been transferring a huge amount regularly to Tanu and she was in London. Why bhai has to give money to Tanu when he was mad at her for eloping with someone else?

Thinking about PB’s state, I don’t want to jump into any misunderstandings. So I requested Purab to visit London office and check the details and whereabouts of Bhai and Tanu. He agreed and he went the next day itself.

Today I got a call from Purab; I was praying the almighty and attended the call. The information Purab gathered was cent percent true but it is highly indigestible.

Bhai has been with Tanu for the past six months, breaking up with Tanu was just a drama so that no one could suspect him and his intention. Papa has made the will that to get the share of his property, Bhai should marry the girl papa selects for him and later after six months of marriage life, Share of Bhai from Papa’s property will be legally transferred to him.

How could you be so cruel Bhai to innocent Pragya Bhabhi? She was here hoping that you would turn to her side one day for a future, but you were betraying her all the while. How would she react after knowing this?

I was deeply engrossed in my thoughts of how PB would react for the truth; I heard her voice from the door entrance.

Abhi?

I turned to see her, after three days, she came to my room. She wasn’t hesitant as before but she was looking tensed.

“Haan PB, what brings you here?” I asked nearing her and took her inside the room. I gave her a glass of water and she refused to have it, but I insisted her and made her to drink.