three

one message from blue motherfucker!

geoff looked at his phone in surprise. he tapped the notification, cringing a bit as he realized awsten may be angry at him still.

blue motherfucker: i don't get why he won't fuck off!! god, have i not made it apparent i don't want to talk to him!!! why can't geoff just fucking see i don't need his help!!!!!!

geoff: wrong person.

blue motherfucker: oh, shit, sorry. forget what i said, i was just kidding haha :))
read, 12:56am.

geoff threw his phone across his bunk, sitting up and putting his knees to his chest. he curled into a ball, sniffling quietly. otto walked past--geoff could smell his cologne--and opened the curtain to geoff's bunk.

"oh, fuck, geoff, what's wrong?"

geoff whimpered and pointed to his phone. otto grabbed it and unlocked it, the recent conversation with awsten popping up.

"i'll be right back."

and though geoff knew that he was going to yell at awsten, he didn't stop otto.

💊 💊 💊

"awsten, what the fuck?" otto said, anger etched onto his face.

"what did i do?"

"geoff was fucking crying! geoff! crying! because of you!"

"okay, and?"

"you're gonna go in there and apologize to him."

"hell no."

"awsten, please. you're tearing him up. you have to stop."

"i'm tearing him up? don't you mean he's tearing out my insides with all that he is? with his stupidly beautiful face? his dumb voice that makes me melt? and you're telling me that i'm tearing him up? you've got it all wrong, otto."

otto stood speechless. "awsten, you need to tell him you're sorry. please, just trust me on this, okay?"

awsten frowned and agreed. there was something about the tone of voice otto used that made him comply. he walked up to the bus and opened the door, taking a deep breath before sliding the curtain to geoff's bunk open.

but geoff wasn't there.