Chapter One

~Authors Note~

I apologize that it took so long to update :C I was camping and I did not have internet access, but here it is! Thanks so much for supporting me! I love you guys! Please comment and vote!! Thank you<3 

~Prominence

"Chin up, to the right, that's great, Love," Don, the photographer, commented as he positioned himself to take to picture. 

Four more hours, that was it it, and then Louis would land for Bromsgrove. I could wait four hours. I mean, I waited for what, three months, right? Four hours seemed nothing. I could take it! Time couldn't defeat me! . . . I groaned mentally. Damn it, four hours was like four years, now. How was I supposed to stay still for photographs of me when knowing Louis would be coming back, today?

"Move your leg a little to the right. That's it. Great, perfect!" This had to be the most uncomfortable position I've ever been in for a photo shoot. I was in ice, cold water, smiling up with a fake smile at a camera for what seemed to be hours (it's been forty-five minutes and seven seconds--now eight seconds. Not that I was counting). Plus, I had an interview bright and early morning tomorrow with Louis and the boys. What great timing. 

"All right, Love, we got the shoot."

I was helped up and handed a towel. I smiled and thanked them before heading to the dressing room to change into normal clothes to meet up with the boys. 

I opened up twitter on my phone:

OfficialAthena: Just got finished with a photo shoot, can't wait to post some of the pics tonight for you guys! Lot's of love xx

I slipped into my high-waisted shorts and put on a loose floral top before I clutched my phone and headed out the door, sandals in my hand. 

---

 3:00

Meet the boys at the airport

5:00

Welcome home party for the boys

I continued to scroll through my phone, ignoring the landing flights that were being announced. Louis wasn't supposed to land for at least another hour. At least, that's what he had twittered me. So here I was, sitting on the most uncomfortable chair there was in the world, at the airport, anxiously waiting for Louis.

Until  I felt hands covering my eyes.

 My heart started beating fast, the worst possible scenario instantly flashing through my head.This couldn't be happening now, not when I was this close to seeing Louis. I grabbed my purse, ready to swing it at the person's face if needed. My mouth opened, and I was about to scream until:

"Guess who?" A voice whispered in my ear. That voice . . . it sounded familiar. Too familiar, actually. It sounded as if it were--

 Sh*t, Louis Tomlinson, I am going to kill you.  

I turned around and glared at Louis, who had removed his hands and stood there grinning as if he was innocent. My glare became fiercer. "That was not funny. And what are you doing here, anyways? Your flight wasn't supposed to end for another hour."

He took a step closer and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer so that our faces were inches apart, "Really? I found it hilarious, Love." He gave a kiss to my forehead and added, "We had booked an earlier flight. I wanted to surprise you," a smirk appeared on his face.

"You are lucky I love you." 

---

 ~Louis's P.O.V~

I smiled to myself. I was so lucky to have a girl like Athena. I mean, I knew her busy schedule, and considering the fact that she was working all day, she must be exhausted. Yet she still puts a smile on her face just for me.

I guess she caught me smiling at her, because she looked away from the tv and glanced at me with a raised eyebrow, "What?" She asked quietly, slightly laughing.

"Nothing," I murmered, then I reached for her, "C'mere." 

~Athena's P.O.V~

"C'mere," Louis whispered. And just like that, as soon as I felt his arms around me, all the days that I had gone without him seemed to be nothing, because right there, in that moment, he was mine.

"I missed you," I murmured into his arm. I stared at our intertwined fingers, the ring on my right hand glistened. Louis had given that ring to me on our two-year anniversary a few months ago before he left. 'It's kind of like a promise ring," he had told me, "A promise that we will be together for a long time."

"I've missed you too," I heard him say into my hair. His warm breath hit my head, and I snuggled deeper into his chest.

"Vas happenin'?" A voice yelled, right after I heard the door open.

"Zayn." I whispered angrily. One moment alone, was that too much to ask? 

"Athena!" The boys yanked me out of Louis' arms and engulfed me into their own hug. Zayn made sure he hugged me extra tight, just to piss me off. Damn you, Zayne. But even with the thought in mind, I was glad to see them after such a long time.

"Hey guys!" I put a smile on my face, "How was the flight?"

"Quite interesting. Harry kept talking in his sleep," Zayn said, wiggling his eyebrows. I bit my lip and looked away. Of course he did, I knew all of Harry's small quirks, and sleep-talking was one of them.

"Oh.." I said quietly, "That's nice."

"I'm quite hungry," Niall stated. He had this magical power--or it was just stupidity--to not sense an awkward mood in a room. It was just his thing.

"There's food in the fridge, help yourself."

"Thank you!" he whooped.

Louis laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist, "Looks like you've got your hands full now."

"No kidding," I laughed slightly, "Well, I'm going to head up to bed. We all need to be up early tomorrow." I nodded my head toward my room.

Louis cleared his throat, "Yeah, uh, me too."

---

There was a knocking at the door, I groaned and glanced over at Louis, sound asleep. I pushed myself over toward the door and opened it only to find Harry standing at the door. Sh*t. I hadn't seen him all day, and managed to avoid him in discussions, but now here he was, in front of my bedroom door. 

"What, Harry?" I asked groggily with a tinge of annoyance.

"Can we talk?" He whispered.

I glanced over at the clock, "At 2 am? We have to be up in 3 hours."

"Please?"

I watched Louis's chest rise and fall before answering him, "Five minutes. Then I'm going to bed."