Chapter 27

Thank you guys so much for the amounts of support you have given me!!! I am so thankful for you all!!!! Enjoy the story!! - 20 votes= double update- and check out my other story 

The wind was brisk and cold as they all trekked towards Ornyth.

Only Rowan, Aedion, and Lysandra accompanied Aelin on her journey to Ornyth. They had decided last minute that it would be better to leave the leaders with their groups, and to have someone left that they could trust with their armada.

So now the four of them  were going straight in to Ornyth, and straight to the Royal Palace, where Darrow would most definitely be.

Aedion still didn't know if he should be glad that Aelin was going to reclaim her throne, or be upset about it.

He still couldn't figure out what he felt about Aelin currently. But he knew one thing.

He was pissed as hell at her.

What right did she have for not telling him, what right did she have of not telling them about how she was going to sacrifice herself.

That day on the beach, the rage he had felt was a roaring behemoth in him. At first it was directed towards Lysandra, at her part of Aelin's plan. At the fact that she too hadn't told him.

But... weeks later, Aedion slowly started to understand why she did it. Why she had to honor Aelin's wishes even if it meant giving up her own self.

He had understood it, and slowly let himself become nicer towards her, slowly began to help her through anything and everything.

But he was still pissed as hell towards Aelin.

The anger was still coursing through him even when she had shown up. Then, it had disappeared when he saw her, and relief and happiness instead took its place.

But afterwards, the anger towards his cousin returned, and Aedion had tried to suffocate, to get rid of it.

Yet it still was there, fuming and burning, much like Aelin.

They all sat down on the ground, and Aelin lit a small fire, fighting off the cold.

She leaned back and crossed her legs, her golden hair seeming like it was glimmering in the light of the flames.

Lysandra had already gone to sleep, -still drained from her enormous shift- so it was just the three of them who were wake, planning for Aelin's arrival into Ornyth.

"We need to be in Ornyth in the next week." Aelin said. "Any time after that, Darrow will have ordered the Bane to have us captured."

"The Bane will not support that," Aedion countered with, and the previous anger he had felt at Aelin started to burn in him again.

"We don't know that, as Darrow said, they control the Bane now, they will have to do whatever the hell the lords tell them to."

"You don't know them Aelin," Aedion replied with, clenching the dagger he had playing with. "I do, I have been their commander, and I know how they will react."

Aelin's eyes were a burning wildfire. "Do not talk down to me Aedion. Remember that I have seen a lot of the world, and how it works."

She didn't want to start another argument, as she was so damn tired, and just wanted a break. The banter had escalated quickly, and she wished that she didn't snap back.

But she did not take it back either. 

And with that Aelin rose and walked away, and Aedion had no choice to follow.