Chapter 3

"1198... 1199... 1200.." You grumbled to yourself as you paced down the twelfth floor of your new work building.

"Ah, 1201!" You exclaimed rather loudly, and proceeded to unlock the door to your new office.

The room was somewhat large, and donned a large bookshelf, a somewhat fancy wooden desk, and the largest windows you had ever seen in your life.

Christ, this room is bigger than my entire flat, I might just move in here, it seems much more comfortable.

Snapping out of your thoughts, you began to stroll along the room, inspecting every nook and cranny of your surroundings. During this, you noticed something shining behind a portrait on the wall of the room.

Curious, you made your way over to the portrait and pushed it aside to expose the shining object.

"Christ, is that a safe?" You muttered to yourself as you fiddled with it to try and get it open.

"Maybe the combination is somewhere in the room..." You muttered once again, and proceeded with an intensive search of the room.

After about half an hour, you stumbled upon a piece of paper hidden under one of the legs of your new desk. This sparked your curiosity, as you attempted to lift the desk up, but, to your dismay, you were unable to move it an inch thanks to the solid wood design.

"Oh, come on" you said exhausted as you tried yet again to lift the solid mass from the floor.

That was when you heard a laugh come from the doorway.

You looked up, puzzled as to who the laugh belonged to, you looked up towards the door, only to be greeted by the smirk of the red-clad prosecutor you had the misfortune to meet earlier.

"Oh, it's you" you sneered, in an attempt to intimidate him.

However, your efforts failed miserably as he just snickered at your anger.

"Indeed it is. I see you're having a bit of trouble here" he stated as he strolled into your office towards you, a smirk still plastered onto his face.

"No I'm not actually. And besides I think you should keep that big cravat out of other people's business." You retorted, your anger slowly rising.

"Well, you are my new neighbour, so I suppose it is my business somewhat" he sneered. "Anyway, allow me to introduce myself. The name is Miles Edgeworth, it is a pleasure to meet you Miss" he stated with a bow.

You simply stared at him. Thoughts were running through your head at a million miles an hour.

Shit, it's him. I can't believe that's him. What happened to him? He's become such a jerk, I don't understand. Does he still not realise who I am? Or does he know it's me, and so he thought it'd be fun to mess around with me for a bit because he is a brilliant "friend?"

The more you thought, the more anger built up inside of you. Only Edgeworth's voice snapped you back into reality.

"Hey, I'm asking you a question, what's your name?"

You stared at him again.

He doesn't remember me?

After all he did?

Eventually, you snapped, and slapped Edgeworth as hard as you could.

"THAT'S FOR EVERYTHING YOU PRICK" You screamed as you ran out of the room, tears pricking your eyes.

Edgeworth just stood there, astonished at what just happened.

"I only asked for her name..."

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys!

I'm so sorry that I haven't uploaded anything for a while, I've kinda just forgot about it hahaha.

Also, I'm so sorry for this mess of a Chapter, I really don't like it at all, but I guess I'll just have to stick with it for now.

Thanks again for reading!

-N