I had once asked Wu Shen what was the greenest item in Wu Xi. The turtle jade is the rarest sort of stone that is found in the deepest mountains of Wu Xi. In the last hundred year, only a small piece was found and it is in the hands of Wu Xi's Grand Imperial Sire Huizhong.

                Jumping down from the tree with ease, I headed toward the Plum Garden. Wu Shen, of course, followed beside me. Once the scent of plum blossom surround us, I heard the faint sound of the xiangqi pieces and knew where royal great grandfather was.

"Long Xing greets Grand Imperial Sire"

"Ah, Prince Xing. Come, come, I've been waiting"

                Sitting down on the pillow, I reached to the left where the scent of jasmine tea hovered.

"You're black today"

                It doesn't matter if I'm black or red. The results would always be the same.

"Left Red Soldier forward"

                Like always, Wu Shen narrates Grand Imperial Sire's moves.

"Center Black Soldier forward"

                And like always, Wu Shen moved my chess piece as directed. By the time the game ended, I lifted out my hand to retrieve the oval jade.

"How is that you manage to win every time?"

                Wu Shen asked this question more than once. Each time, I didn't bother to answer. The simple-minded cousin will not understand if I do explain.

"Waving your hand in front of my face again?"

"N_ No"

                My naive younger cousin was not a good liar. Since I was in a good mood today, I didn't care to embarrass him further.

"Prince Xing, Prince Shen"

                Before the multiple scents of flowers reached us, I have long heard light footsteps of women.

"Long Xing greets the Empress and Empress Dowager"

                Many others are present but there was no need for me to defer to anyone else but great grandmother and great aunt.

"Shen greets the Empress and Empress Dowager"

"Where are you heading off too?"

"Answering Empress Dowager, Shen is heading to the Royal Study"

"And you Prince Xing?"

"Answering the Empress Dowager, Long Xing is heading home"

                I could hear several sighs of disappointment but feigned ignorance.

"Why don't you stay a bit longer? Join Empress Dowager and I to the orchid garden."

"Yes, I have the palace chef cook your favorite snacks"

"Long Xing apologize to the Empress and Empress Dowager, but today he must head home early"

"Then we will not hold you this time. Next time, you cannot refuse Prince Xing"

"Of course" I gave a light smile. "Long Xing bid farewell to the Empress and Empress Dowager"

                After giving a light tilt of the head, I continued forward.

"Why must you disappoint all those beauties? They all obviously wanted you to join them"

"What beauties?"