The Ravenclaw

Chapter Ten: The Ravenclaw

Last Chapter:
"Good Evening to all. Before we start the feast, there is a special announcement I must make..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cancelling Quidditch was one thing. Introducing a Tournament where people who enter could die was another matter on its own.

'Having my luck, somehow I'm going to be entered into it.' Harry thought bitterly and he sat down for breakfast in the Great Hall.

Not that it would be a problem. While Salazar had not have been the evil, dark wizard, he still knew a large amount of magic. Most of this magic however, was either banned or forgotten 1000 years later. He doubted anyone would find his black magic rituals helpful. They would just chuck him straight into Azkaban, Boy-Who-Lived or not.

Harry looked up just in time to see Hermione enter the Hall. That was another thing. He was avoiding Hermione and it seemed like she didn't seem to mind, seeing as she hadn't said anything about it. Ron was oblivious as ever, munching on his food- mouth open, how disgusting- and blabbering on about how Quidditch being cancelled was the worst thing that had happened to date.

'Yeah, who can forget Quirrel and the Basilisk, or the Dementors?' He thought sarcastically.

Harry cleared his throat. Ron immediately stopped talking.

"Actually Ron, I have some business to take care of. If you'll excuse me..."

Hermione was getting closer. He wasn't ready for this conversation. Not now.

'Ah,' A nasty little voice in his head whispered. 'You'll never be ready. You never had been.'

No. Please not now. Not in the Great Hall.

"Harry?" He spun to face the voice. To his immense relief, it was Ginny. "It's her isn't it?"

Before he could respond, another female voice spoke to him. "Harry."

Hermione.

Except she wasn't. She was the friend that he and the others had decided to build the school together with.

Burning, endless flames, screams tore through the sky, ripping apart the heavens.

She met him on the Hogwarts Express, helping Neville find his toad. As helpful as ever.

WhywhywhywhyRowenapleasehelp

"I'd like to speak to you." Why did she want to talk to him? Why? WHY now? Where was she when-

"Harry please." He looked into his friend's- burningendlessburning- brown eyes. He swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Sure."

He had never been as unsure as anything in his life. As he left the Great Hall behind Hermione, he turned to see some people looking at him in confusion and 2 with concern.

Ginny and Draco.

Helga and Godric.

He didn't know anymore.