The Match

Chapter Seven: The Match

Last Chapter:
Hell. Is this my payback for mocking all of the Gryffindors over the years? Draco's mind hurt as his head spun and he fell back into his pillow, immediately unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry breathed in sharply. Whatever hope he had that Godric wouldn't remember was now crushed as he looked into the eyes of his rival and saw a glimpse of recognition. Draco seemed to survey him for a second and raised a hand- almost as if to see if he was real- when his eyes snapped towards Ginny. He tilted his head and then pursued his lips. Finally, he blinked.

"Of course. Who else would Helga be? The fiery-all knowing redhead, Weaslette herself." Draco tried to look disapproving but his words didn't carry the same bite as before. Ginny, on the other hand, took offense and pointed a finger at the older blond.

"Excuse you, Mr. I-am-going-to-throw-myself-at-a-dragon-for-kicks, some of us actually care about our friends. So instead of acting all unimpressed, why don't you tell us when exactly you got the memories?" She demanded.

Harry decided to intervene before they started a screaming match. It wouldn't be good to attract attention. He lowered Draco's raised hand.

"Hey, hey." He tried to look stern, but judging from the snort from Ginny, it didn't seem to work. He tried again.

"Let's not try to get attention. It would be really bad if someone were to get word of this conversation." He looked at Draco specifically.

"We need to talk." Ginny nodded her head in agreement.

Draco looked unnerved and- if he didn't know any better- slightly afraid. Harry turned to face Draco and tried to ignore the part of him that was trying to claw its way out of his chest because its Godric...

Harry shook his head at his throughts and spoke. "I got my memories a little while ago, during the first month of the summer. I'm not sure about Ginny though." He said. Both of the former male founders turned towards the young redhead. She blinked.

"I got my memories right when the summer break started." She looked confused and asked Draco, "What about you?"

Draco's mouth turned downwards a little. "I just got them a little bit ago." He bit the inside of his cheek and thought aloud, "Why do you think we got our memories at different times?"

Harry pondered this. Finally he answered, "A thousand years is a long time. I think we're lucky to have gotten within the same year, not to mention month." Then, he froze. Harry opened his mouth to ask a question when suddenly, he was cut off.

"Who do you think-" Harry was cut off by the obscuring presence of another blond- the elder Malfoy. Lucius stalked over with his cane and looked over at the two Gryffindors with scarcely-hidden disgust. He turned his nose up at them and turned to his son instead.

"Draco, whatever are you here for? The Minister awaits us," he paused to look at the two Founders again, "We mustn't keep him waiting on the account of these Gryffindors."

He gave the two a final look, and stalked off, tapping his cane. Lucius didn't look back to check if Draco was following, and from Draco's face, This wasn't anything new.

Suddenly, he turned and grabbed Harry's arm. He pulled the raven-haired boy close enough to whisper in his ear.

"Be on guard today. My father's been using his old Death Eater gear, and they may make an appearance after the Match." Draco suddenly lurched back, when a cane caught his neckline and started to drag him away. He gave the two one last look, before turning to remove the cane and walk alongside his father.

Harry watched the blond go, a sinking feeling in his stomach. Death Eaters? At the Quidditch Match? He turned to Ginny and quickly relayed everything Draco had told him, and watched her face hold a wary look. She gave him a cautious look, and gently laid a hand on his arm.

"Harry, what if he's lying?" At Harry's floundered look, she continued. "I mean, this is Malfoy we're talking about." Harry looked and her with a little doubt, but then looked her dead on.

"There's no point worrying about what he may do. Yes, he is Malfoy but he's also Godric and I know that he wouldn't be so stupid or disloyal as to sell us out to anyone." He gulped nervously, and added, "What about the attack? What if there is no attack? Besides, who would listen if two 14 year old started yelling about evacuating everyone from the area? Even if one of the children happens to be Harry Potter." Harry shook his head, and looked at Ginny and sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the end, both decided to be on watch and be ready for an attack at any time. Harry removed the Trace off of Ginny's wand, ignoring her comment about him being a 'Paranoid old snake.' They sat in the middle area of the stands and ignored the loud Minister's interactions with the Bulgarian one. They did however laugh out loud when the Bulgarian Minister revealed the fact that he was able to speak English fluently, after British Minister of Magic Fudge's many failed and ridiculous attempts to communicate with him.

Harry and Ginny watched the Match, cheered a few time, almost became deaf once the Krum fellow- that Ron was going on about -caught the Snitch.

As they left the Pitch, Harry rubbed his ears. So far nothing out of the ordinary had happened at the Match, aside from the Veela's which he wasn't affected by in the least, opposed to Ron and many others who looked ready to throw themselves off the stands. Thankfully, no injuries were sustained. When Harry asked Ginny why the Veela's didn't affect him, she gave him a measuring and sly look before shrugging and continuing to watch. It was infuriating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry sat in his room that he shared with Ron in the tent and brought his wand out as he heard a loud crash followed by many screams. He cautiously left the tent, wand out as he spotted Ginny and ran over to her.

"What's going on?" He said as he grabbed her arm. Caught unaware, she spun was about to hex him when she saw his face. She pulled him behind a tree and said, "I think the Death Eaters are attacking. Many tents were set on fire and everything is in chaos." Harry nodded worriedly. He put a hand on her arm.

"Here's the plan. We stick together and try to help anyone who needs it." Harry didn't mention the fact that if they came across any Death Eaters, they may have to kill them. Ginny nodded.

Harry, still holding onto Ginny ran into the fray. He got pushed around and kept his head down. He knew if anyone caught wind of Harry Potter being here, it would attract a lot of attention and not all of it good.

They were along the edge of the forest, beside one of the tents, when they bumped into a familiar blond.

"Draco?" Harry asked. The Slytherin looked really rumpled, his robes messed and hair on edge. Draco opened his mouth to speak when they were cut of my by a loud voice yelling nearby.

"Mosmordre!" They looked in that direction to see a cloud of green and black rise into the air and form the shape of a skull. Suddenly, the frightened screams grew louder and they watched as the chaos grew. Harry turned to Draco, when a voice screamed "AVADA KEDAVRA!"

Woah! 500 reads! Sorry for the wait, school is a pain. I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

-Madsinator